Intermittent silence switching presets with MFC since V10

Stringtheorist

Fractal Fanatic
Since updating to V10 I now occasionally experience complete loss of output when changing presets with my MFC. It doesn't happen very often, and doesn't seem to occur when I switch presets with the Axe front panel. Anyone else getting this?

Do you have controllers assigned to any blocks that might be dependant on the state of an IA switch?
When it happens again, check the grid for potentially bypassed blocks or changed volume levels and find out what the reason is. I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, but more a controller issue.

Do you have controllers assigned to any blocks that might be dependant on the state of an IA switch?
When it happens again, check the grid for potentially bypassed blocks or changed volume levels and find out what the reason is. I'm pretty sure it's not a bug, but more a controller issue.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Since updating to V10 I now occasionally experience complete loss of output when changing presets with my MFC. It doesn't happen very often, and doesn't seem to occur when I switch presets with the Axe front panel. Anyone else getting this?

Same thing happens to me.... It seems random when I switch presets sequentially. Switching presets then back and it works fine. I"ve installed the updated presets BTW

Yes same thing happens to me too. I upgraded to 10 and was re-tweaking all my 9.xx presets by changing amps and then back and maybe adding a little EQ. On a lot of different presets(I already tweaked and saved) I would switch to with the MFC and they would produce no sound. I would switch presets and then come back and then it would sound.

Is this still happening to anyone else? It still does it to me especially if I bank up a 100 or so presets and then back to preset 1 to 10 it is totally silent. I then switch to a preset below and back and it's on. All that is connected is the Mfc 101. On version 10.04

It happened to me at my gig on Saturday. Switched presets and started playing... No sound. Switched presets up and back again and there it was. Annoying.

Interestingly since upgrading to 10.05, I have had some intermittent sound loss as described when switching presets except I use a Liquid Foot.

When this happens I have also noticed that the amp type in the preset also shows bassman, regardless of what it is supposed to be. But the preset doesn't show as edited. When the switching happens its almost as if the preset doesn't get initialised.

Turning the value wheel to the previous preset and back again restores sound and the correct amp type.

I also defaulted my LF to start from scratch, all seemed to be well until setting up an expression pedal for WAH on CC16 and then the problem returned.

I opened a ticket with FAMC who make the LF, but if MFC users are seeing the same behaviour it probably isn't that unit.

Also, I don't know whether it's related to this issue but sometimes I save a preset with the amp block in X state, and when I recall the preset later the Y state is called up (or vice versa). Anyone else getting this?

Saturday was the first gig in the last 4 or so that the sound dropout issue didn't happen. Seems to be something that a fair number of folks are experiencing.

ok, I loaded in 10.05 and my MFC was already on 2.16. but that didn't seem to do the trick. So I reset the system parameters and it worked at least for tonight. Will see if this was the fix or not but for now it seems good:)

The feedback I got from FAMC was that they did not think the issue was with the LF+ which makes sense if others with MFCs are having the same type of issue.

I just reset system parameters on the Axe FX and the issue continues. I have even noticed with an affected preset that is already selected if I re select it with the Foot controller, the sound goes away.

Here are some pictures of what happens at the front panel.

Normal Preset 26 selected via the Value Wheel.

IMG_0115.jpg

When no sound occurs selecting from a foot controller. Note the preset name is the same but now the amp shows Bassguy and there is no sound at all. Turn the value back and reselect via the value wheel the problem goes away.

IMG_0114.jpg

This is occurs when there is no USB connection to the Axe FX or the foot controller.

I am going to test and see what happens when changing presets via Midi from Cubase.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom