intermittent Marshall Reverb 75 boost channel issue

leagueofkruger

Inspired
Hi guys.
Just wondering if any of you have any experience or advice regarding a weird problem I've been having with an old amp of mine from the 80s - my Marshall JCM 800 5275 "Reverb 75" split channel amp. Its intermittent, and I've had the amp in to two different repair shops to deal with some annoying hum, popping and buzz issues which have been addressed, but one seemingly weird problem remains.

Every once in a while, randomly, the boost channel will take over on its own. It will fade in and fade out without selecting any switch. The Boost LED even comes on dimly, then bright, then dims then fades away.

Is it worth getting this thing looked at again? I think I'm now paying more for repairs than the amp is worth? Its a solid state amp but its loud and it has a good gritty Marhsall tone, and the spring reverb is cool. Still has the Celestion Sidewinder S12-150 in it so maybe if its something relatively simple I might be able to fix/replace? I have downloaded a copy of the manual and the schematics but have never ventured into amp repair.

Can't really sell it if its not working (unless for parts I guess), and can't use it as I don't trust the way it fades in and out.

Any thoughts? Appreciate any and all ideas....

5275-pic.jpg

Back
Top Bottom