Intermittent failure to change with midi commands

KevinP

Inspired
Hi All, I'm seeing an issue of something like 1 in 40 or 1 in 50 failures to change when a PC is sent to one of our 2 Axe-FX IIIs. We are seeing basically PC's not work, even when the midi button shows input, but it's not with one PC or another consistently, sometimes the same PC will work and sometimes it wont. This only fails on one unit out of our two, and a 3rd midi device never has the failure. I've also tried different midi ports on our quad box and different midi cables, but none of the devices ever fail, only this one. Same firmware as the other unit, same midi PC setup, just this one fails intermittently.

Anyone experience similar issues?
Thanks much

Sounds like you have diagnosed it down as far as you can and isolated to the one unit itself. At which point I would get Fractal support involved. They would be more apt to know if a connector or board could be replaced or to point you elsewhere. Intermittent problems are the absolute worst to resolve. FWIW I have had a bazillion rehearsals over the last decade using MIDI PC with my Ultra, XL, Axe III and now a second Axe III with my bandmate and while I have had MIDI failures they have 100% been either operator error or a problem in my source setup. Not once a Fractal fault.

Back
Top Bottom