Interface/Preamp/DI Box - Assistance Needed.

Hey all,

So I'm looking to upgrade my recording gear. Right now I have a pretty basic set up. AKG c214 (vocals) or guitar/bass direct in to a M-Audio Profire 610, which goes to my iMac running Logic X and a pair of Adam F5s.

I don't need more than a few inputs/outputs, as I'm not tracking drums. So far, I've been looking at a RME Fireface 400, UA 610 preamp, and maybe a Shure SM7b and a Cloud Cloudlifter Z.

I don't have a lot of experience with this kind of hardware, so does this sound like a good plan?
Also, I've heard that it's good to have a DI box before the interface when recording guitars/bass direct in. The UA Solo 610 has a DI box built in, but I'm guessing that wouldn't work. Is there one you'd recommend?

My apologies if any of this doesn't make sense. I'm a guitar guy, trying to be a recording guy.

I've used a lot of different stuff for many different brands over the years in professional and i project studios.
I've personally owned Apogee, RME and Metric Halo interfaces.
I currently own a Metric Halo ULN-8 which does all I could ever wish for in an interface.

Metric Halo is no contest my preferred brand for audio interfaces, their drivers, AD+DA converters, software, preamps, build in DI's and more are all best in class.
Right now MH is holding a fall extravaganza sale so you can save a lot of money on their products - check it out on Welcome to Metric Halo

If I was you I'd go for a ULN-2 or a ULN-8 depending on your budget.
Check the specs online.

Back
Top Bottom