Interface consideration?

Marz

After looking around for a while for an appropriate solution to a recording audio interface, I looked at Mbox, M-Audio, Apogee, Lexicon and many others and for the price it seems that you need to spend in the order of $250 to $500 dollars (with or without software) for a reasonable (read quality) interface.

So this got me thinking... and with the risk of being blasphemous on the Fractal Forum... the Eleven Rack is a self contained audio interface... so why not plug the Axe FX into the inputs of the unit and use it as such? and if you then have a friend over you can both jam/record or what ever.

As the used price on Flea Bay is around $450 to $500 dollars, you get more then just an interface?

Thought? suggestion? Now please be nice... its just a thought! :twisted

There is probably a lot of replication between a sound card an a guitar processor. Can the elevenrack play back your music the way a sound card can? I know when I hook my computer to the receiver, latency also becomes an issue.

From what I understand, the Eleven Rack is actually a decent audio interface as well as being a guitar processor. DigiDesign don't typically make crappy products...

There is probably a lot of replication between a sound card an a guitar processor. Can the eleven rack play back your music the way a sound card can? I know when I hook my computer to the receiver, latency also becomes an issue.

Not really sure what you are getting at! :? The two units would plug (daisy chain) directly into the line input or even usb for recording. Then the output from the Eleven rack would go to either a mixer or direct to monitors. Thus enabling recording and monitoring simultaneously of either or both processors.

Why would I want to plug the computer into a receiver?

Back
Top Bottom