Interesting Tour of John Petrucci's Rig including Axe-FX II

OddManOut

Inspired
I came across this today and thought that it would be of general interest to the Axe-FX community. It's a YouTube video (~ 17 minutes) by Premier Guitar detailing JP's guitars, his amps including AxeFX II and his pedal boards (yes that's plural). Since I'm new to Fractal (Axe FX Ultra) I think this video is interesting because it shows a real world application up close and personal. Hope you enjoy it.

Rig Rundown - Dream Theater's John Petrucci - YouTube

I came across this today and thought that it would be of general interest to the Axe-FX community. It's a YouTube video (~ 17 minutes) by Premier Guitar detailing JP's guitars, his amps including AxeFX II and his pedal boards (yes that's plural). Since I'm new to Fractal (Axe FX Ultra) I think this video is interesting because it shows a real world application up close and personal. Hope you enjoy it.

Rig Rundown - Dream Theater's John Petrucci - YouTube

Not a huge deal, but FYI this was already covered at length in a topic several weeks ago.

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/42673-john-petrucci-premierguitar-com-rig-rundown.html

The gear section on his website is not up to date. He doesn't have that giant "A" rig anymore.
The shown "B" rig (one Ultra and two Mark Vs) became his "A" rig, too, and was just doubled, so A and B were identical.
At one time Maddi (JP's guitar tech) told (at JP's forum) that even the stompboxes (OD, Comp, Phaser etc.) were handled by the Ultra.

But that changed back to using real pedals, like shown in the video (in the 1st post).
So those rigs are A and B, but now with Axe-Fx IIs and slightly different pedals (just for fun of trying something different now and then).

Seb

Back
Top Bottom