Integrating tube/valve amp with Axe FX II

wire_twerp

Inspired
Hi there
I've got a rather nice Carol Ann Triptik 2 amp that I would like to use with my Axe FX but in a slightly unusual way and I would appreciate any help please.

I currently use the Triptik with a Suhr Reactive Load and send the DI signal into my audio interface and into FRFR monitors.

What I would like to know is whether there is a way I can send a signal from the Axe (perhaps via the FX loop send) into the amp's front input and then back to the Axe (FX return) via the Suhr Reactive Load.

This would effectively put the amp in the Axe's FX loop so I can use its pre and post effects.

Is this possible? How would I go about this? Is there a way to reduce the FX send level to instrument level? I've done a lot of searching on this topic but can't find a clear answer. I know echo won't work, as this is disabled if there is an FXL in the preset.

Yeah I do that with a Marshall, LB-2 and XL. Just a preset, no amp block, Marshall and LB-2 in FX loop. I'll post example preset when I get back home.

Yeah I do that with a Marshall, LB-2 and XL. Just a preset, no amp block, Marshall and LB-2 in FX loop. I'll post example preset when I get back home.

Hi JayCM800XL,
I'm very interested in this. Would love to hear your opinion on the benefits of this setup. I am stuck using IEMs for rehearsals and gigs. Considering this to get more real amp tone/feel in my ears.

Back
Top Bottom