Integrate the AFX XL II+ into my rig

Sorbz62

Hi again guys,

I have another couple of questions I hope you can answer. My rig consists of a Triaxis preamp, Eventide Eclipse, Korg SDD2000 with preamp mod and a mesa 20/20 or Peavey 50/50 poweramp.

1. If I use the AFX as the main 'player' and have the Triaxis in its loop to patch in on certain presets, can I still outpit to both the FOH AND my poweramp effectively? If so, how?

2. How many PC messages can the MFC MkIII send on each preset change?

3. If I use my Switchblade 8F in my rig, I will be able to get maximum flexibility in routing. Any thoughts?

I know I am going to get "ditch the Triaxis, Eclipse and Korg" but I have some absolutely fantastic sounds with them. I want to be able to use the Axe-FX as an alternate preamp in my setup, or to add FX to certain presets.

Cheers in advance,
Jim

I can't answer 2 and 3. But for 1, what cab are you using with the Mesa/Peavey? FRFR or a real guitar cab?

The Triaxis is in the loop, so Output 2 is out of the equation, so...

If real guitar cab (sorry, mono only) :
- Output 1 Left: unbalanced to power amp
- Output 1 Right: XLR to FOH (pad at desk, or use XLR attenuator), or unbalanced to FOH (via DI box, padded)
- On front panel, I/O menu, set Output 1 mode to STEREO
- In cab block, set cab type to STEREO
- In cab block, Cab R (to FOH) will be whatever IR you want to use, Cab L (to amp) will be null cab (and zero out drive parameters, etc)
- In cab block, pan full left & right, respectively

If FRFR, stereo:
- Output 1 unbalanced out to power amp
- Output 1 XLR to FOH (pad at desk, or use attenuator)
OR
- Output 1 XLR > XLR to TS unbalanced adapter/cable > power amp
- Output 1 unbalanced to FOH (DI box, padded)

If FRFR, mono:
- Output 1 unbalanced L to power amp
- Output 1 unbalanced R to FOH (padded DI box), or XLR (L or R doesn't matter) to FOH (pad at desk, or use attenuator)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom