Insurance Co.won't insure my Axe2 as a musical instrument...

Same Co.(red umbrella) insured my Standard,and later,my Ultra.I got a call from the rep,that the home office refuses to cover it on my rider(which covers numerous guitars,pedals,PA,amps,recording equipment etc.) to my home insurance policy.Says it will be covered by my reg home ins personal property clause,but,that is subject to a deductable.Is this across the industry?If not,I'll quickly jump ship if,I can't rectify this.
How do insure your Axe2?
Gus

Last edited:
Same Co.(red umbrella) insured my Standard,and later,my Ultra.I got a call from the rep,that the home office refuses to cover it on my rider(which covers numerous guitars,pedals,PA,amps,recording equipment etc.) to my home insurance policy.Says it will be covered by my reg home ins personal property clause,but,that is subject to a deductable.Is this across the industry?If not,I'll quickly jump ship if,I can't rectify this.
How do insure your Axe2?
Gus

Shop your policy. Different carriers have different underwriting criteria. You'll probably get the best coverage and rate if you move all of your insurance to the carrier. Perhaps it is time to get out from under the umbrella.

I work as a commercial underwriter in the insurance industry .... This decision by your company surprises me quite frankly ? The only thing I can come up with is they might be considering it some sort of E.D.P. equipment instead of "musical equipment" ... ? Regardless, there's a type of coverage form to deal with it. My professional opinion is ..., there's always a price point for the exposure .... One dollar less I wouldn't be willing to sell you the policy, one dollar more and you'd say you wouldn't buy it ....

Everyone else is right ..., move on ! Believe me, someone else will be willing to step up and write your policies !

Good Luck ....

Back
Top Bottom