Insufficient CPU reverb on all my presets since FW3?

If I understand the chart, only High res reverbs have decreased the cpu usage, not normal res reverbs. Correct me if I am wrong.

If I understand the chart, only High res reverbs have decreased the cpu usage, not normal res reverbs. Correct me if I am wrong.
using Rich Hall as an example, you'd have to calculate the Normal version.

High Res = 39.7
Subtract 15.1
Normal Res = 24.6

High Res = 31.5
Subtract 7.8
Normal Res = 23.7

So High Res Reverb gets a very large reduction, while Normal Res gets about 1% reduction, which is still substantial. remember, they are optimizing the code, they can't just go in there and arbitrarily reduce CPU usage. certain things require a certain amount of CPU.

So, I've reseted all my parameters. But, still the same issue.
Insufficient CPU, disabling reverb.
I'm using one of the presets I found on the forum here.
Only added a drive (already in FW2).
Once again: with FW 2 no problems. But with FW3 I do ;-(

With everything engaged, CPU is running at 87%.....

I've attached the preset. Please anyone can provide some help?
i finally had time to load this preset. it loads on my FX8 with the 3.00 PB at 88% and plays no problem.

remember that it doesn't matter if a block is Engaged or Bypassed. once a block is loaded, it uses CPU. the parameters in each block are what affect CPU, and know that you can create a very low CPU X state, but create a very high CPU Y state, and changing from X to Y could push things over the limit.

using Rich Hall as an example, you'd have to calculate the Normal version.

High Res = 39.7
Subtract 15.1
Normal Res = 24.6

High Res = 31.5
Subtract 7.8
Normal Res = 23.7

So High Res Reverb gets a very large reduction, while Normal Res gets about 1% reduction, which is still substantial. remember, they are optimizing the code, they can't just go in there and arbitrarily reduce CPU usage. certain things require a certain amount of CPU.
OK thanks. If I understand one of the issue might be that they lowered the CPU limit to prevent issues.

Back
Top Bottom