Insufficient CPU reverb on all my presets since FW3?

I've installed FW3 last Tuesday and rehearsed with it the past couple of days.
On all my presets, the reverb "stops" and starts blinking. The screen tells me: insufficient CPU.
I had no trouble with this on FW2.
The quality was and still is set to normal onm all my reverbs.
This also happens with presets with only 2 or 3 blocks (DRV, CPR, DLY etc).

What's going wrong here?
Anyone seen this issue before?

the reverb blocks use about 8% LESS cpu in FW 3.00. can you upload a preset that has that issue?

Did you record all your FX8 configuration settings and reset all parameters in the utility section before installing FW3 ?

If not you may wish to do try reinstalling it.

Take a backup of all your presets beforehand just in case.

to Echo what Bread has said really..

All of my existing presets have now been FW3.0'd and the CPU utils are a whole lot less.

The reset parameters step is really important IMO

Thanks for the replies. I did not reset my parameters.
Can I still do this? Or do I have to reinstall FW again after the parameters are reset?

Thanks Chris. I watched your video this afternoon and really helped me along the way.
Tomorrow I can do the reset and will try again.
Will post back here.

A big thanks from Holland anyways ;-)

So, I've reseted all my parameters. But, still the same issue.
Insufficient CPU, disabling reverb.
I'm using one of the presets I found on the forum here.
Only added a drive (already in FW2).
Once again: with FW 2 no problems. But with FW3 I do ;-(

With everything engaged, CPU is running at 87%.....

I've attached the preset. Please anyone can provide some help?

Attachments

• Shimmer Taps (PR).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
So, I've reseted all my parameters. But, still the same issue.
Insufficient CPU, disabling reverb.
I'm using one of the presets I found on the forum here.
Only added a drive (already in FW2).
Once again: with FW 2 no problems. But with FW3 I do ;-(

With everything engaged, CPU is running at 87%.....

I've attached the preset. Please anyone can provide some help?

I'll run it and see what happens... that's all I can really do, but I'll do it.

Yes, the preset is just around the limit, and the verb may get bypassed.

While the verbs use a lot less CPU in 3.0, the CPU ceiling has been lowered slightly to prevent issues, and some effects use slightly more cpu.

It's easily solved by switching the Comp type from Studio to Pedal 2.

Thanks for replying. Will try the comp from studio to pedal 2.
Didn't know the studio comp uses that much off CPU.

Maybe that's the key to all my other presets, since I have the same comp in most of them on.

Just wondering: why does the FX8 "bypasses" the reverb for using less CPU instead of bypassing effect X, Y or Z?

Thanks for replying. Will try the comp from studio to pedal 2.
Didn't know the studio comp uses that much off CPU.

Maybe that's the key to all my other presets, since I have the same comp in most of them on.

Just wondering: why does the FX8 "bypasses" the reverb for using less CPU instead of bypassing effect X, Y or Z?
The FX8 uses two criteria for disabling effects under high CPU load. Step One, it disables the last effect edited. If that does not lower utilization enough, Step Two, it picks the most likely effect that is not already disabled. If you have a reverb block in your preset, that is always the highest CPU load. In the case of a new preset load (where no effect has been edited), the FX8 goes right to Step Two. This is why your reverb is typically the first effect block to be disabled.

A prediction: AX8+ and FX8+. Everything essentially the same (maybe an aux input for dual sound guitars without loosing use of the fx loop), but with a third DSP added for reverb only.

Or just a nice reverb pedal today? :)

That was my plan with my FX8. But I can understand that a lot of people want the Fractal reverbs at high resolution for what they do. I can make it work for me no problems. Others will have to decide for themselves.

That was my plan with my FX8. But I can understand that a lot of people want the Fractal reverbs at high resolution for what they do. I can make it work for me no problems. Others will have to decide for themselves.

Understandable, they are phenomenal, and they do use less CPU now in FW3.

Same problem here ... Had to change my comp from studio to pedal 2. It's a bit annoying that an optimised firmware has less room than before in regard to cpu...

Back
Top Bottom