Instrument and headphone cable in one

For the original topic: https://www.tc-helicon.com/Categories/Tchelicon/Vocal/Accessories/GUITAR-&-HEADPHONE-CABLE/p/P0CM2#googtrans(en|en)

someone i play with just zip tied the 2 together as well.

What I really need is a wireless guitar setup like the Line 6 G10 that also transmits the headphone back. What's the use of having the guitar wireless if I'm still chained to the mixer with the headphone cable?
you need 2 separate wireless units. no one makes a guitar and IEM wireless in one.

I did that for a while - this was some years ago; but the throats on those little zip-ties can snag and hang-up on stuff, so I just ended up using straps of electrical tape every six inches-or-so to bind those two cables together. That worked well for a couple of years before I quit using that system.

All kinds of ways to get that job done.

I did that for a while - this was some years ago; but the throats on those little zip-ties can snag and hang-up on stuff, so I just ended up using straps of electrical tape every six inches-or-so to bind those two cables together. That worked well for a couple of years before I quit using that system.

yeah i don't know how he isn't getting stabbed by the zip tie ends he trimmed.

How about using heatshrinking tube to hold the cables together?

Multi-core cable is the best solution for having the cable roll up manageably between gigs, but the connectors can get tricky/messy at the ends if it’s not done right. Heat shrink is by far the easiest DIY solution. But I think the OP figured that out... 9 years ago ;) :laughing:
Just thought of another scenario:
just get two slim cables : one for headphones and other for instrument and use a heat shrink tube to stick them together.
What about that?

How about using heatshrinking tube to hold the cables together?

I tried that too. I couldn’t find a size large enough, locally, at the time, to fit over the cables and the connectors. I’m sure I could have found something online, but the electrical tape worked out, so, good enough.

Taping those cables together made for a much more flexible cable than with using zip ties as well..

:0) ...All a bit cheap and cheesy, ..but, it worked! :0)

Back
Top Bottom