installing firmware - SOLVED

greg

Inspired
I have installed firmware for FM3 and FM9 several times. But for some reason, I'm having issues installing 5.0 When I open Fractal Bot, it allows you to select Send or Receive. I selected Receive, and it downloads the firmware. I select Send and nothing happens. I've read the manual, but it doesn't say anything about Send and Receive. It only says to install it.
I don't know why I'm not remembering how to do it. Help would be much appreciated.

"Send" copies files to the FM9, "Receive" copies files from the FM9 to a computer.

To install firmware Fractal Bot should be in 'Send' mode. Click 'Browse' and locate the file on the computer then press 'Begin' to transfer the firmware to the FM9.

See "Firmware Updates" in the manual.

As @JoKeR III said, "Send" copies to the modeler. I think of it as "pushes", but it's the same movement. In either case, the modeler is always the host computer, the boss, and Edit is just an interface to it acting as a terminal. That distinction fools everyone at first because we're used to thinking that our desktop or laptop computer is in control.

Last edited:
My problem is, when I have it on Send and click Begin, nothing happens. So I don't know what to do.
You likely have already done this, but I'd start by eliminating the low hanging fruit first. I'd download the new firmware, FM9 Edit and fractal bot from the post in the forum FM9 Firmware Version 5.0, and save it on the computer. Reinstall FM-9 Edit and Fractal-bot using the installers just downloaded. Launch FM9-Edit. In FM9-Edit, launch Fractal Bot from the Tools menu. You should see the green checks and "Connected" on both the send and receive mode screens. From the send mode screen, browse to where you've saved the firmware file you downloaded earlier and you should be gtg.
My apologies if you've already done these things, this is just where I'd start before escalating. Hope you get it sorted.

Launch FM9-Edit. In FM9-Edit, launch Fractal Bot from the Tools menu. You should see the green checks and "Connected" on both the send and receive mode screens. From the send mode screen, browse to where you've saved the firmware file you downloaded earlier and you should be gtg.
My apologies if you've already done these things, this is just where I'd start before escalating. Hope you get it sorted.
That did it. Thanks, TKCjams!
Thanks, everyone, for your help!

Back
Top Bottom