Installed Cab-Lab update and now my computer hums !

R.D.

Power User
When I installed it I now have a huge hum through my computer speakers that wasn't there before ! I've uninstalled the program and it's still doing it ?

What did the installation change in my computer audio settings ?

Update: When I don't touch anything the hum starts up .... When I change a setting it stops humming. Then it starts humming again after about 10 seconds. Even if I mute the volume it still humming ?

When I installed it I now have a huge hum through my computer speakers that wasn't there before ! I've uninstalled the program and it's still doing it ?

What did the installation change in my computer audio settings ?

Update: When I don't touch anything the hum starts up .... When I change a setting it stops humming. Then it starts humming again after about 10 seconds. Even if I mute the volume it still humming ?
It'd help if you specified your OS and version and what Fractal driver versions are installed if it's Windows.

Simply installing the app shouldn't have touched anything in your computer's audio. It will install plugins for DAWs if you choose, so you might want to look there if you have a DAW running.

I'm running Windows 10 Home .... Most up to date Fractal divers, not sure how to find the version # ?

And that's what I thought too .... But something went sideways ?

Defininetly weird. I've been a Fractal user since the Ultra days and I've never had an issue before !

Using SW Live Mode or HW Mode?

There's now a Master Volume control and possible that's altering volume in a way that makes you hear the hum?

Does it stop when Cab-Lab is stopped or if you're in HW Mode?

One possibility is that the audio interface that is designated in Cab-Lab's preferences has changed to something like your computer's onboard mic and speaker. Check this in Cab-Lab's Settings: Audio/MIDI Settings.
1702071318815.png

Whatever interface you are using, you can rule audio processing issues in Cab-Lab by muting Software Live Mode:

1702071268624.png

One possibility is that the audio interface that is designated in Cab-Lab's preferences has changed to something like your computer's onboard mic and speaker. Check this in Cab-Lab's Settings: Audio/MIDI Settings.
View attachment 131149

Whatever interface you are using, you can rule audio processing issues in Cab-Lab by muting Software Live Mode:

View attachment 131148

I can't make my snip tool work ..., but my screen doesnt' look like yours .... Mine looks like this:

Under the Feedback Loop ....

Audio Device type: ( with the following selections in a dropdown )
  • Windows Audio
  • Windows Audio ( Exclusive Mode )
  • Windows Audio ( Low Latency Mode )
  • Direct Sound
  • ASIO
Device: ( with the followling selections in a dropdown )
  • FAS ASIO Driver Axe-FX III
  • Realtek ASIO
After that it looks pretty much the same, except I don't have 96 samples ( 2.0 ms ) ....

Mine goes from 64 Samples ( 1.3 ms ) to 128 Samples ( 2.7 ms )

Here's the dialog in Windows.

PS: I missed earlier that you said, "I've uninstalled the program and it's still doing it." To me, that means the problem is not being caused by Cab-Lab. The timing of the hum appearing was coincidental. Cab-Lab doesn't modify your computer or settings in any way.

1702162255927.png

I thought that Cab-Lab might have changed some settings during the installation ( ? ) that didn't change back when I uninstalled it ?

I'll reinstall and double check these settings !

MANY THANKS !

Back
Top Bottom