Inserting images in posts

asmistdescends

So this has been a long unsolved mystery for me on all forums.

Whenever I inset an image (using the Insert image button) into a post, it appears as a small click able thumbnail.

What is the secret behind the full size images people are able to post in this and other forums?

It doesnt seem to be covered or mentioned in any of the help or FAQ either. Am I missing something very obvious?

You would upload the image to something such as photo bucket or Flickr, then use the embed link they provide to post in the thread. When using insert image in this case you would choose from URL

I just tried it with this pic on my hard drive and it was easy! I used the "insert Image" button above to do it

View attachment 57301

Attachments

• Picture 055.jpg
    Picture 055.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I prefer the thumbnails. They make for a cleaner presentation on the screen. And you can always get the full-size picture by clicking on the thumb.

How about youtube videos? Can't ever seem to post here

It's a wacky string of characters. [ video=youtube;YouTubeVideoID ]FullYouTubeURL[ /video ]

Remove any spaces from the above code, copy & paste the full YouTube URL between the video tags, and copy & paste just the last part of the youtube URL (after "YouTube.com/watch?v=") after the semicolon in the opening video tag.

Example: [ video=youtube;BTFD5DZwK7g ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTFD5DZwK7g[ /video ]

Removing the spaces in the above gets you this:

Simple, right?

How about youtube videos? Can't ever seem to post here
I just learned it and the code I used was simpler Oops. it worked so well it represented my example as a video. It's [ video ] yoururl without any spaces in video syntax or url [/ video] I got that from an article on short codes for this BBS.

Photo bucket user here... real easy to setup a free account so you can link full sized images. On the youtube inserts just use the picture of the camera film in the tool bar when you typing a post.

Edit: forgot to mention that you need to copy the link in the address bar then past it into the Insert video clip window that pops up.

Last edited:
It's [ video ] yoururl without any spaces in video syntax or url [/ video]

I thought I had tried that without success before, but yes, putting the full YouTube URL inside the video tags will generate the other parts that I posted above.

Quick Reply has nothing above it. "Go Advanced" looks like this for me:

FractalPost.jpg

Quick Reply has nothing above it. "Go Advanced" looks like this for me:...
Wow. I get a toolbar in Quick Reply. Three toolbars in Go Advanced.
There must be a forum option for it that you can set.

Back
Top Bottom