Input Sensitivity?

Rocky Gallo

Inspired
I am having a clipping problem. It's not all the time. I have checked the various leveling meters serveral times and nothing is clipping.the blocks are all leve also. All the presets are leveled out. No clipping on the output either. I have the input sensitivity set to 4.5. Is it normal to be running it so low? I am playing a PRS 24-08 guitar. I can probaly reduce it if I lower it more, but Is it ok to take the sensitivity that low?

I am having a clipping problem. It's not all the time. I have checked the various leveling meters serveral times and nothing is clipping.the blocks are all leve also. All the presets are leveled out. No clipping on the output either. I have the input sensitivity set to 4.5. Is it normal to be running it so low? I am playing a PRS 24-08 guitar. I can probaly reduce it if I lower it more, but Is it ok to take the sensitivity that low?
Mine is at 5% and I use active pickups. Just set it as high can you can without the built in clipping indicator popping up on the main screen while playing a guitar with your hottest pickups.

How do you know? Are you getting the Clip Warning pop-up or do you hear audible clipping?

If you're getting the pop-up then the only thing to check is the Input Sensitivity. That's what the warning is about.

If you're hearing it and your presets are leveled then you may need to gain stage your equipment that is connected.

The Input Sensitivity seems to be very dependent on not only three guitar, but it's setup and the player's technique.

Was wanting to post similar recently. Been at 6.5% with some Duncan PAF pups ('MJ's Magic') and just lowered it to 6%. Somehow Drop D produced clipping Indicator again...
(I'm on FM9T)

How do you know? Are you getting the Clip Warning pop-up or do you hear audible clipping?

If you're getting the pop-up then the only thing to check is the Input Sensitivity. That's what the warning is about.

If you're hearing it and your presets are leveled then you may need to gain stage your equipment that is connected.

The Input Sensitivity seems to be very dependent on not only three guitar, but it's setup and the player's technique.
Yes, just the pop up light... I turned the sensitivity down to 2.5... been playing for about hour and no pop up light anymore... hopefully took care of it... Thank you

Was wanting to post similar recently. Been at 6.5% with some Duncan PAF pups ('MJ's Magic') and just lowered it to 6%. Somehow Drop D produced clipping Indicator again...
(I'm on FM9T)
Lower notes produce more energy/volume. And the lighter string tension will let that string oscillate more, all of which makes it slightly louder than before. Lower your Input A/D Sensitivity a little bit more and leave it there.

Back
Top Bottom