Input knob as a p/p, two guitars, two levels for giging

Would you like two input settings on Axe-Fx?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

j8stringer

Inspired
Take the input knob we have, make it a push/pull dual gang pot, plug in your
strat, turn the input pot to set the level, hit enter to save, then, pull the knob
to activate the other half of the pot, unplug strat and plug in les paul, turn
pot to set les paul level, hit enter. During a gig when you need to change
guitars, pull or push knob to activate correct level in Ax-Fx for correct guitar.

A quick change-over with no chance of a mis-level (with to much or to little
signal). :D

I don't know what this might cost or the nuts and bolts of how to work it
out, but a lot of us giging players use at least 2 guitars. This would make
for a very, pro change-over between songs.

While an interesting idea, I'm thinking a marker pen could do the same job marking where you need to turn up to for different guitars. For even more professional results, you could make a paper circle with the settings printed out, paste it to the axe-fx and physically move the knobs for each guitar (based on your tweaks).

Not trying to diss your poll. I just think the way we have it now is simpler and more flexible. Especially when it would be hard pleasing people on the level of boost to offer when the pot would be pulled.

TimmyM

Hi TimmyM,

Thanks for the reply. Just to make it clear though, it's not a boost, its a way
of saving 2 settings on the input "pot". I find the input setting fairly sensitive. I now do this with white-out dots, but in-between songs, changing guitars, to hit the
mark just right on the dot, I usually end up with to little or to much, and without
the correct input, the amp sims dont respond the same way(after giging 20+ years,
its just another thing that can go wrong). So, say a setting for a high out put paul
and a low out put strat. If it could be done in software, maybe more settings, but with hardware a dual-gang "pot", with a push-pull switch, or one with one knob on top of another (like you see on active system Bass guitars). Just a thought, but
if its to involved, I'll will continue with my white-out dots. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom