Input clipping after upgrade to FW 4.0

ViggoP

After upgrading to FW 4.0 all my guitars are suddenly clipping the input really bad. I don’t understand why, I’ve tried adjusting the input sensitivity but it doesn’t help much. Even at 0% most of my bridge pickups clip the input producing digital distortion audible through the amps. All my presets sounds terrible. I used to have it set at 17% which would ”tickle the red” with most bridge pickups.
Pickups I’ve tried are PRS 58/15TM set, PRS TCI set, PRS \m/ set, PRS DGT set, Bare Knuckle Apaches single coil set, and Fender Jazzmaster Pure Vintage ’65 set.
Any ideas?

Thank you, it did!
I thought I was going insane. I ripped my pedal board appart trying to find the broken cable, the testing my powersupply, several different guitar cables, different guitars, and then finally when realizing it was the unit itself that was distorting, trying to adjust all the different gain and volume controls I could find and nothing would help. Towards the end I was starting to think it was all imagination and that my hearing was pulling some kind of trick on me. Not a fun couple of hours…
Never thought to restart the unit though.

I ran in this issue like 3 times. From what I know, the issue is under investigation (see comments in the linked thread).

Last edited:
Are you the guy I was trading posts with on Facebook last night?

If so, my apologies for not remembering this issue, but you didn't mention the Input Sensitivity thing or I probably would have. :)

As mentioned, for now rebooting seems to resolve it for the people that experienced it and Fractal is investigating.

Are you the guy I was trading posts with on Facebook last night?

If so, my apologies for not remembering this issue, but you didn't mention the Input Sensitivity thing or I probably would have. :)

As mentioned, for now rebooting seems to resolve it for the people that experienced it and Fractal is investigating.
No, it wasn’t me. I feel bad for that person though.

Back
Top Bottom