INPUT 1 STOPPED WORKING

Rocky Gallo

Inspired
Awhile back I stepped on my guitar cable pulling down on the input jack as it was plugged into input 1... I plugged up last night and as normal in input 1 and I'm not getting any input signal from my guitar at all via front or back input #1 jacks... So I plugged my guitar into input# 2 and changed it in my presets to input 2 and it work fine... does anyone know is input one input jack soldiered to a PC board within the axfx3? Also since I set my preset layout to input #2 the tuner isn't working... the tuner doesn't seem to be getting any signal... do I have to change the input signal to the tuner for it to work on input 2? Any ideas: is it possible I broke a soldier joint? Who do I contact at Fractal to discuss this repair?

Both input #1 jacks aren't working. The one on the front of the unit or the one in the back of the unit. The input jack on the front of the unit came on for a second. Not real loud but than went off and has been off since this past Saturday... I gig'd out Saturday night routing signal via input #2.

Hi Rocky

Bummer! That feeling after you step on something, and test it to find it’s broken is not a good one!
If you’re lucky, you make have just dislodged something like the cable connected to the little input board that the input jack is soldered to.
If you whip off the units top, you’ll have pretty good access to have a fiddle around with it (with the unit unplugged of course).
Good luck & keep us posted.

Thanks
Pauly

Awhile back I stepped on my guitar cable pulling down on the input jack as it was plugged into input 1... I plugged up last night and as normal in input 1 and I'm not getting any input signal from my guitar at all via front or back input #1 jacks... So I plugged my guitar into input# 2 and changed it in my presets to input 2 and it work fine... does anyone know is input one input jack soldiered to a PC board within the axfx3? Also since I set my preset layout to input #2 the tuner isn't working... the tuner doesn't seem to be getting any signal... do I have to change the input signal to the tuner for it to work on input 2? Any ideas: is it possible I broke a soldier joint? Who do I contact at Fractal to discuss this repair?

Hi Rocky

Bummer! That feeling after you step on something, and test it to find it’s broken is not a good one!
If you’re lucky, you make have just dislodged something like the cable connected to the little input board that the input jack is soldered to.
If you whip off the units top, you’ll have pretty good access to have a fiddle around with it (with the unit unplugged of course).
Good luck & keep us posted.

Thanks
Pauly
Thank u...

Guys I opened up my Axefx3 and it was the ribbon cable that the input jacks were soldiered to had come loose... snapped it back and input 1 back in business!!! Thank you guys for all the help!!!
Well you dodged a bullet. The worst part would've been being without your Axe while it was being repaired. ;)

The front panel jacks are mounted to a separate circuit board, so even if the jack was actually broken, replacing that front I/O board would be a relatively cheap and easy fix that may not require shipping the unit out. It's designed that way for this exact reason. Guitar cables and headphones cables are very prone to getting yanked accidentally.

You can always anchor the cable to the rack or front panel handle, but I'd recommend using an inline jack to act as a breakaway so you don't accidentally then yank your whole rack over.

Amazon product ASIN B07VL6B39Y

Bummer! I think it was yek that suggested looping the guitar cable around the handles before plugging in, for that exact reason.
I brought up this exact fear a few weeks ago. A few told me I was paranoid or over-thinking. I’ve decided to use a tuner pedal with true bypass (Boss waza craft) just to have something between me and the Axe Fx during gigs. Going directly into the front at a rowdy show gives me anxiety.

Great Ideas guys... I will use them... Really like the tuner idea... most of the time I use a synnhiezer wireless. so I hadn't been using guitar a cable... but it's getting old and is starting to crap out and have alot of cracking and popping going on. So that night I used a guitar cable... But knock on wood since I reconnected the ribbon cable it's been doing good... I'll know this weekend when I gig... Thank again for all the input!!!

Back
Top Bottom