Input 1 question

boz52

Experienced
If I connect my guitar to input 1 instead of the front instr input, is there any signal loss or anything I'll be losing if I do this connection?

Last edited:
Thanks, I found this on Wiki:
Fractal Audio:

• (Axe-Fx II) "You have to set the input selection to match the input you're using. If you're using the front input then you must set the input selection to front and vice-versa. If you plug something into the front and set the input selection to rear it will get MUCH brighter. The front input is optimized for guitar level inputs and has spectral shaping and more gain than the rear input. The front input is optimized for guitar pickups. This is a combination of hardware and software processing. If you set the input source to Analog Rear this turns off the software processing part. If you are plugged into the front it will change the tone since you're still going through the hardware processing. This is why I say you must match the input selection to the input you are using. The rear inputs are standard line-level inputs and can be used with any program material. The front input, as stated above, is optimized for guitar pickups. As such it has more gain and less headroom and may clip if used for non-guitar program material. If you plug a guitar directly into the rear you may find you don't have enough signal level."

in my tests I couldn't hear any difference. levels were the same, tone was the same. I use the front input, don't know why but just do.

I've tried to connect my wireless G50 to both front and rear input. Atm I use rear because of my rack setup.
I'm sure you can measure a difference, but honestly, I cant hear it.
So...if you have superhuman ears...go for front input. Otherwise go for what's most convenient for you :)

IIRC M@tt has said that many of the "big name" players he works with use the rear input on the AFX to avoid having anything in the front of the rack to catch or trip on.

My apologies. This was not the topic I was expecting when I saw the thread post title.

I was going to suggest a nice dinner, followed with maybe wine and some candle light, etc, and so forth.....

Reactions: BBN
(Axe-Fx II) "You have to set the input selection to match the input you're using. If you're using the front input then you must set the input selection to front and vice-versa. If you plug something into the front and set the input selection to rear it will get MUCH brighter.

That quote only applies to the Axe-FX 1, where mismatch was possible between parameter & actual input used. On the Axe-FX II it would just produce no input signal.

url

giphy.gif

Me, when I saw the title to this thread!

geeze, can ya tell it's a sausage party in here or what!

(Ok try to focus and don't go THERE....)

I have a mando patch using tone match. I use a cheap stick on piezo pickup through a Fishman exteral preamp. I would like to keep the preamp plugged into the Axe/Fx so I don't have to swap cables when switching from electric guitar to mando so I want to use ... one of the inputs on the back panel. Is it better to set up the patch to use input 2 (L) or can I just use input 1 (L) on the back with the global input parm set to the front input?

Back
Top Bottom