Input 1 LEDs

JLupi

It's been a few days since I moved to the AX8 from my beloved ULTRA. Couldn't be happier!! It's amazing how much the sound and feel changes, at least to my ears :D add portability to that...It's been really worth the change.
Everything's cool but I found out something about Input 1 leds: they don't blink at all. I even increased the inst input level to 18dB, but nothing seems to happen. Is that something usual or could it be due to a defective unit?
Thanks,

Have you dropped the pad down too?

Mine came set with the Input 1 pad at 12dB - I had to drop it down to zero to get my Tele pickups to hit the orange.

Is it the same as the AFX in that it should tickle the red?

Have you dropped the pad down too?

Mine came set with the Input 1 pad at 12dB - I had to drop it down to zero to get my Tele pickups to hit the orange.

Is it the same as the AFX in that it should tickle the red?

I have the same doubt. I have several Stratocasters and Telecaster with vintage style pickups, a Tokai 335 and a Les Paul with Antiquities. With input pad set to 12dB if I strum a chord I hit the orange only with the Les Paul but if I set 6dB the red led ligths on with the atack of the strum of the chord with the Les Paul but the other guitars make the green and orange leds to light more. I wonder whats the best setting for all the guitars (so I don't have to change it live when I change guitars).

If you don't hear any noticeable digital clipping/distortion when your Les Paul tickles the red, I would set the pad at 6 dB. If you hear artifacts, set it at 12 dB.

There is absolutely no reason to change this setting live. With a 6 dB setting, your noise floor will be 6 dB lower than with a 12 dB setting, but in both cases, the noise floor is absurdly low, so there is really no reason to worry about it. This setting does not change your guitar sound in any way other than the noise level.

Back
Top Bottom