Initial Impression (short)

MrShredX

Inspired
I'll review it later, but

Oh. My. Gosh.

I blame that bastard Scott Peterson for all of this... :mrgreen:

Buddy, when you posted about this over a year ago I was skeptical...but this is a total paradigm shift for me. I haven't even had it two hours and I'm already neglecting children, my wife, the dogs, dinner (I'm a big man, I never neglect dinner).

Geepers!

Shannon

Eric (Solo-Act) was very clear with me when I was making my final decision - he told me to wear a helmet because my head would explode.

Once I got into the thing and had the: "Holy **** this thing is REAL!" and then got to the: "You mean you can route the signal any way you want!?!?!?!!" realization... my head nearly exploded.

In fact, it still does, to this day, nearly explode.

Enjoy the journey.

Put on your helmet...

Welcome to the shifted paradigm!

Excellent sound and feel, isn't it! But remember, no matter how good it is, digital sucks!

BTW, what are you running it through?

goodwill559 said:
Welcome to the shifted paradigm!

Excellent sound and feel, isn't it! But remember, no matter how good it is, digital sucks!

BTW, what are you running it through?

believe it or not, a Carvin AG100D Acoustic amp that has a PA channel...1x12, ported with a tweeter and a built in L-PAD on the tweeter...I just set it completely flat on the graphic EQ (of the Carvin) and plugged it in...I borrowed the Carvin from a friend as I thought "I don't wanna plop down any more cash until my 15 days are up, I'll probably end up sending this thing back..." hah...Now I'm torn about trying to wait on Cliff's FRFR solution or driving to ATL tomorrow and picking up a QSC. I found a used QSC HPR122i in Atlanta for $500

Wow. get that used QSC! I'm glad you liked it, you had about the same reaction as me. I was all smiles and basically said to myself, "Seriously? This thing sounds this good for real?"

I then promptly switched to preset 22 and pretended to be Randy Rhoades. CRAZY TRAIN!

Yeah, it'd be crazy to pass on that QSC deal (as long as its working!).

I like the part where you say to yourself that you'd probably be returning the AFX withing the 15 day trial period. Hah! Fat chance!

The quality of the AFX is so evident within the first five minutes, I know mine wasn't the only jaw that hit the floor.

Back
Top Bottom