Independant use of pre and post loop for two different sources

Hhuent

Experienced
I think the fx8 has enough power to provide a basic setup for eg
Microphone Vocals (through pre loop) and
Acoustic guitar (through post loop)
with a basic internal mixer on screen to dial in the two separately.
Can this be done?

If you don't send the signal from OUT [PRE] eventually back into IN [POST], then the two sections will be completely independent. You'd have to use two exp pedals or or a MIDI controller to adjust the output volume of each.

You'd probably want to do the opposite configuration - acoustic through the PRE section and vocal through POST section. The IN [PRE] is a guitar-conditioned TS jack, whereas the IN [POST] is a line-level TRS jack (+4 dBu or -10 dBv, switchable in settings). You'd need an external mic preamp of course, and it likely has line-level outs, so a perfect fit for the POST section.

If you don't send the signal from OUT [PRE] eventually back into IN [POST], then the two sections will be completely independent. You'd have to use two exp pedals or or a MIDI controller to adjust the output volume of each.

You'd probably want to do the opposite configuration - acoustic through the PRE section and vocal through POST section. The IN [PRE] is a guitar-conditioned TS jack, whereas the IN [POST] is a line-level TRS jack (+4 dBu or -10 dBv, switchable in settings). You'd need an external mic preamp of course, and it likely has line-level outs, so a perfect fit for the POST section.

Great suggestion! Thanks.
A software mixer between the two loops for output levels would be still a great feature. I wanted to keep my rig as small as possible...

On page 37 of the manual, it says you can adjust the output levels of OUT [PRE] and OUT [POST] per scene. Sounds like the mixer you're looking for? If you aren't using other scenes, just treat those controls as manual level adjustments.

On page 37 of the manual, it says you can adjust the output levels of OUT [PRE] and OUT [POST] per scene. Sounds like the mixer you're looking for? If you aren't using other scenes, just treat those controls as manual level adjustments.

Very much appretiated, bro. I went through the manual but did not remember this. Great!

Back
Top Bottom