Increasing Number of IA's in GCP

SparkyG

Experienced
Hi All

I had an idea that I wanted to float and see if anyone else has done it. I'd like a couple more IA's on my GCP and don't use any expression pedals.

I have an old loop switcher box with 2 footswitches and an I/O for each. Would it work if I wired these up so I have a 2 TS connectors (one for each switch) and a TRS connector to go into the GCP. Then I may be able to use these as additional IA's. if it works I could then do the same with another footswitch input so I get 4 extra? (I used to use the footswitch with my G-Force for tap Tempo and it worked fine but this was a direct input not a TRS expression pedal input)

anyone tried it, what would the wiring be (a normal insert pedal cable didn't work)

If no one has done it I'll give it a try, playing around with connections shouldn't fry anything (I hope)

cheers

Hey SparkyG,

I don't know if you know this, but apparently Voodoo Lab is working on an update for the GCP, doesn't help too much perhaps in your case, but they apparently are working on this update. What it is about is, that you can buy another GCP and use that extensively as just IA switches. At the price its worth it for a Liquid Foot Pro, but at least its expandable and you'd have a spare one.

Devastationdynasty said:
Hey SparkyG,

I don't know if you know this, but apparently Voodoo Lab is working on an update for the GCP, doesn't help too much perhaps in your case, but they apparently are working on this update. What it is about is, that you can buy another GCP and use that extensively as just IA switches. At the price its worth it for a Liquid Foot Pro, but at least its expandable and you'd have a spare one.

What type of update are we talking? software, chip, or an entire new unit? got any more info?

The idea you have there is good and as far as my limited understanding goes, yes, this should work. So you could get two more switches on the GCP plus you have two controller ins on the Axe that you can also use as switches.

Makes for 4 more together with the 8 on the GCP = a total of 12, which should be Ok for most cases.

Dev

I thought you could already link GCP's together?

Anyway I only need another couple of IA's so it's overkill for me. Not just the expense but the stage space

Cheers

Just as a conversation piece:

LF_GCP.jpg

Interesting, Good to se the LFP side by side with the GCP - it's not much bigger really (taller though right?)

Also the switches look a little wider apart on the LFP ( often hit 2 together with the GCP)

Food for thought? Or may hang till the fractal comes out and take a look at that?

Thanks for posting though

You can add a switch to the GCPro via the expression pedal inputs. It has to be a latching switch and wired TRS. We make a Mission Switch for this (The Mission TT, latching). You could make one yourself. PM me and I'll send you the schematic if you would like. James.

Well, I couldn't find it yet, but there's a tutorial where someone installed another footswitch inside the GCP and soldered it to the expression jacks internally. It looked like a really simple mod.

I cannot find the link to where they add another footswitch into the ground control pro.

Can anyone find it???????????

Back
Top Bottom