Wish Increase to 8 scene controllers

AlbertA

Fractal Fanatic
I wish for having 8 scene controllers.

One use case is, say you are using 2 synth blocks and you setup a chord voicing of your choice using all 6 voices.

If you use scenes + channels, you can setup each channel with different shift values to change chords; you then can setup up to 4 chords because there are 4 channels).

However, with scene controllers, I could setup all 8 scenes with different chords. However, I need 6 scene controllers (because 2 synth blocks each with 3 voices). Currently then I can only change a total of 4 synth voices (since there are only 4 scene controllers).

Are there still only 2? I honestly wonder why there are also still only 8 scenes. For guys like me who use scenes like parts of songs, so I only have to hit "Scene +", 8 scenes can be a bit of a challenge on certain songs. It works, but it's not perfect. More scene controllers would be handy aswell of course!

There's 4. It would be useful if you could have it match the number of scenes, hence the request for 8 :)

I would be happy with 6 however so I could control both synth blocks voice shift parameters (3 + 3)

Last edited:
Well I suspect the way preset space is divisioned up. It may or may not have more reserved capacity to double the size of the scene controller section.

We do have 4 channels, each with 4 controllers, each controller having 8 scene values.

Last edited:
Hm, ok, you're right. That sums up rather fast. Still, the III has SO much memory and RAM. But on the other hand, who knows what Cliff has planned for using it. Adding more scene controllers and scenes now and being forced to limiting them in some future would be really bad...

Here's a way to get 8 chords that only requires one scene controller.

Use synth channels A & B in scenes 1 & 2 with notes set normally, no modifiers. In scenes 3-5 use synth channel C with a scene controller on each voice's shift. Set SC values to 0, 50, 100 in those scenes, then adjust modifier start/mid/end to get the desired notes. In scenes 6-8 use a similar technique with synth channel D and that scene controller on voice frequency.

With two separate scene controllers on frequency & shift you could cover scenes 3-8 in that example with one synth channel. (Make freq. SC hold value in 3 scenes while shift SC is changing notes and vice versa.) That would free up one synth channel that you could switch to while on any scene for 9 total chords.

Back
Top Bottom