Fixed Inconsistent potentiometer levels

Rublalup

Inspired
I keep randomly finding some issues with levels and potentiometers behavior on some blocks.

let’s say I’m trying to modify (manually) the output level on amp block. If my actual level is say -16db and I start mixing the knob (on the unit or in edit) I can hear the level increasing if I go to -14db... then go back to -15db and now the audio is almost inaudible (much lower that the starting point at -16db)... then go to -14db again and there’s a huge increase in volume.... is random and the values are only indicative. I even believed I experienced that the real value I was hearing was more dependable on the physical turns I gave to the knob (big one) than on the value displayed... not sure how to explain this.

last night I was trying to set the delay on Austin buddy JTM45 preset... I put a new block and with the mix at 13% the delay is not there... zero effect. If I set at 13.5% the delay is there with one with expect at a <15% mix... go back to 13% and zero delay. Weird.

I also have an issue with the sensitivity on the potentiometers. Sometimes I can roll the big knob a few turns and the inc/dec is very small. Some other times it jumps from 0 to 100 and it’s imposible to control.

anybody has experienced this?

I have had this exact issue multiple times with amp block levels. I don't remember which amps specifically but it happened on multiple occasions. I am on FW 1.05 and the most recent version of FM3 Edit.

Here are some videos showing the problem:

If you listen the sound and the values displayed you can tell at some point they just loose all relation. Sometimes it seems to me that the real value depends on the physical position of the big knob or the speed I turn it than the value that appears

Back
Top Bottom