In the hunt- RetroChannel Stereo Power Amp?

They're not out yet - Lance emailed last recently saying they start shipping next week. I've got one on order and very much looking forward to getting it.

Last edited:
Guys,
I am looking at the first amp off of the line right now. Its at my studio.

I am sure the Matrix is a great amp as well.

We are doing something different. Some will like the Matrix, some will go our way. We will be shipping next week.. I am hoping that folks that want a Tube sounding amp will consider the Retro Channel, some will some will not.
Its a big World and there is room for everyone. :)

Thanks for chiming in Lance. I am really looking forward to it! Didn't want to start any forum-drama here. I think the demo you made is fantastic! I also appreciate your outlook in regards to your customers.

Guys,
I am looking at the first amp off of the line right now. Its at my studio.

I am sure the Matrix is a great amp as well.

We are doing something different. Some will like the Matrix, some will go our way. We will be shipping next week.. I am hoping that folks that want a Tube sounding amp will consider the Retro Channel, some will some will not.
Its a big World and there is room for everyone. :)

Thanks for replying Lance. Love the video's. Especially the this one.

Love that :)

Feel free to correct me if im wrong, but the main difference between the Matrix and RC (apart from the obvious size and weight) seems to be that:

Matrix have a flat response, FR amp (like a Pa amp0 but tweeked the design to feel/react more like a valve power amp without loosing the neutrality.
Retro Channel seem to have a Solid State power amp, that souds and feels like a valve amp - colour and all (though if I read things right, turning the gain down flattens the response - though how much I dont know).

Both solutions have merit, and will suit different people and applications. I would think the Matrix will suit most AFX users better (for the power, and neutrality in a small light package that can power guitar or passive FR cabs)) while those that currently prefer valve power amps with guitar cabs (and those not using the AFX, but traditional rack pre-amps) would natural go for the RC.

I also have one on order. I had a first hand demonstration at NAMM and it's a great sounding amp. I went for this over the Matrix mainly because the extra controls allow more flexibility as to how you can use it. Can't wait to get it as I'm currently renting a PA amp from the local music store and whenever the fan kicks in it sounds like someone starting up a vacuum cleaner.

yeah guys,
Loren's amp is shipping tomorrow so he can give you a heads up once he receives his.
Our shop amp is in LA right now and has met with high marks and ringing ears from some of the top players in the LA area.

My amp is on it's way and should be here next week. I'll be sure to post a review.

Must say that dealings with Lance at Retro Channel have been first rate, my emails were always responded to quickly (most times within minutes) and directly from Lance.

Back
Top Bottom