In Room Real Cab Sound DUH!!! Moment

npdcoremetal

Inspired
I was messing with Axe-O-Matic with some Mesa FarFields and other random mesa cab and v30 cab irs the other day. And I was getting frusterated with the results of the way cabs are micd and what i hear from my ears. So I had I thing Mesa sm57 grill cone Mesa grill Cap sm57, off axis sm57 cone etc etc. I believe there was 5 all together and I just hit audition out of pure frustration and WHOAAAA!!!!! This Mother Fxxxxxx sounds like a mesa cab sitting next to me I about shxt my pants. So i then took a mesa grill cap and farfield and thousand other options and got all the sounds I love and remeber about the mesa.\\\

However After doing some research I discovered one cab was mc-90 and other v30s so I thought that might too be what has been throwing me off but there is not any real great IRs of the MC-90 or C-90 Oversized that I have found.

It also helps to know your speaker as well. USing the speaker section in the amp block find the frequency resonance and the total frequencey and try to find a chart of that speakers particular frequency response and match it in that block. Makes A Huge difference as well. I thought the tones I had been getting were awesome, but this opens a hole entire new level for me by far.

I have no idea if there is useful information in what you just mentioned, or you just got lucky mixing a bunch of things. Perhaps you can share some of your IR s?

I have no idea if there is useful information in what you just mentioned, or you just got lucky mixing a bunch of things. Perhaps you can share some of your IR s?

I have to try a few things I know it is very hard to wrap your head around and I know that Ill take the next few days n try to make a video and better explination

Back
Top Bottom