In memorium...

Can we maybe start a fund-raising pool for medical care, prosthetics etc. for the victims of the Boston Marathon Bombing? Anyone interested?

That is a wonderful idea, and very kind of you. When I was listening the radio in the car this morning they were talking about something setup on google where you can type in your name and address and what you have to offer. There were thousands of posts. For instance : I have a place for you to stay and I will cook you diner, I will pay for your taxy anywhere, I don't live in the state but I will come pick you up and drive you anywhere. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. One guy even posted he would let someone stay at his house and he would get a hotel or sleep on the floor so they could get comfortable and sleep in his bed. This is the kind of stuff that makes America such a unique wonderful place. Where else do people come together united with pure selflessness. I would love to donate to the cause.

Last edited:
That is a wonderful idea, and very kind of you. When I was listening the radio in the car this morning they were talking about something setup on google where you can type in your name and address and what you have to offer. There were thousands of posts. For instance : I have a place for you to stay and I will cook you diner, I will pay for your taxy anywhere, I don't live in the state but I will come pick you up and drive you anywhere. Those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head. One guy even posted he would let someone stay at his house and he would get a hotel or sleep on the floor so they could get comfortable and sleep in his bed. This is the kind of stuff that makes America such a unique wonderful place. Where else do people come together united with pure selflessness. I would love to donate to the cause.

I think America is wonderful, but truthfully, humans, at their best, are like this everywhere. They pull together, care for the sick and injured, sometimes at great personal risk. The human spirit, which marathoning has always represented so well, shines through - from a passerby handing you a bottle of water in better times, to a perfect stranger tourniqueting the wounds caused by madmen. Thank you for this post. I didn't know something like this was being done, but I am not surprised. Does anyone have a link to the Google site?
View attachment 15517
- A stranger, comforting a seriously wounded spectator, right after the bombing -

"Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick and Boston Mayor Tom Menino have announced the formation of The One Fund Boston, Inc. to help the people most affected by the tragic events that occurred in Boston on April 15, 2013."

The One Fund

I was in China shortly after the devastating Szechuan earthquake. People were lined up everywhere to give blood. Where there were no backhoes etc., people used their bare hands to lift massive slabs of rubble - sometimes 50 men lifting one huge monolithic piece of concrete at a time. It was truly moving and inspiring.

I am not sure if people who post this about America (as something unique) have just not traveled elsewhere, or what - because people are people, everywhere. They all want to protect and educate their kids. They all want a better future for their kids. They all want to survive and hopefully leave more for their kids than they had as kids. Sure there are evil crazy brutal violent people everywhere (America leads the world in Serial Killers per capita, by the way :), but the majority of people from Arkansas to Azerbaijan are good, decent, kind, helpful and big of heart.

P.S. I just made a donation. I hope a lot of y'all did too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom