In Ears for bassist

Massimo

Hi everyone
I need an advice; my bass player wants to start using In Ears for live monitoring
Can anyone kindly point me to some brands and/or models of in ear headphones to use specifically with bass?
Thank you

KZ AS16, my best choice. I have Shure SE315, KZ ZS10 PRO, tested some Sennheisers, Shure SE415 and Shure SE535.

SE535 are great, but they are quite expensive. IMO AS16 have same sound quality.

Hi, thank you all for your suggestions....
His problem is not so easy to solve, as it involves finding the right balance between sound quality and ergonomics
I'll try to explain better...
If you don't understand me, let me know, 'cause I'm Italian and I'm not using my native language....
The IEMs supplied with the transmitter do not satisfy him, due to the poor response to low frequencies (distortion)....
We did a test with the ones I use, with which I feel comfortable both in terms of comfort and frequency response.
I use the FCS11B (tech specs can be found on ineargear.com)
these are normal dynamic IEMs, they simply have a larger driver (11 mm)....
As I expected, he was fully satisfied from the point of view of the frequency response (these are IEMs created specifically for bassists and drummers), the problem however is the comfort, as due to their size (slightly larger than normal), they don't fit well in his auricle, and make him feel like they're always slipping out....
Hence the problem of finding the best compromise (including price, 'cause I don't think he is willing to spend $1,700)

I got these a few months ago, and love them.
https://www.wavscustom.com

I got the 6 balanced armature model. This is only the 3rd pair of IEMs I've used, over the last 15 years, so I'm no expert. But I love these. Custom fit - they have an iPhone app you use to scan your ears and send to them. I never feel like they are falling out. Low end is excellent. And they are doing 50% off right now - see the promo code on the site. (I think they ALWAYS have some major discount going on, though.)

They are a tiny, new company, so there may be some risk there with support, etc.

I'm not affiliated with them in any way.

I'm assuming these are "universal" fit since he was able to try yours?

Probably he could just try some different tips...
Hi unix-guy, unfortunately I'm away for work until tomorrow and I can't be more precise, but certainly the dimensions of the "body" of my FCS11B are larger than the Shure SE215 and the Westone AM 30 Pro.
I'm sure of this because I own both... sure, it's about a millimeter, more or less, but if your auricle is slightly smaller than the standard...
Tips on the other hand, strange but true, are not the problem , he has found the ones that satisfy him.
They stay firmly in the ear canal. This was the first thing I investigated...
They are the ones that resemble the caps used at the range, the double membrane ones. I'm sorry, but I can't be more precise, at least not in English...

I'm assuming these are "universal" fit since he was able to try yours?

Probably he could just try some different tips...
Hi unix-guy, here's the size difference I was telling you about20231026_065335.jpg20231026_065424.jpg
As they say, size matters....lol
Jokes aside, FCS is a perfect fit for my auricle, I had discarded the others due to a question of frequency response (too few low frequencies)

Back
Top Bottom