In appreciation of Tom and Cliff and company...

raz

Inspired
Tom called me tonight to let me know that he'd reached my name on the Reactor FR waiting list. I ordered two.

I've gotta say, the man is as patient and courteous on the phone as he has been with me on e-mail. He solicited any questions that I might have, and offered suggestions about getting the most out of the cabs when they arrive. And he waited patiently as I dealt with my credit card company trying to "protect" me from fraud as I tried to pay for my order. It didn't dawn on me until about an hour later how late it must have been back east. I don't know what the hell possessed Tom to be back in the office that late, especially with a new bride at home, but there he was.

I had to smile as we talked, because it seemed to me like he was working hard to make sure my experience with the cabs would be smooth and trouble-free. I appreciate that kind of attention, even though, as I told Tom in my e-mail, I'm just not wired to b*tch on the forum. I expect it to take several months before I've really learned to get the cabs sounding their best. I'm slow that way. But I do appreciate the support.

And while I'm on this subject, I've got to mention Cliff as well. I thought I was having a problem with my Ultra on Friday, so I posted a note at 3:00 AM describing what was going on, seeking opinions from folks here as to whether I had an issue that required the unit to be sent in for servicing or if it was just operator stupidity. I figured out for myself that it was the latter, but when I got up at 8:30 and checked in on the forum, there was a response from Cliff.

There's a lot of impatience, criticism, and gripes expressed here, and while I generally try not to be one to start throwing rocks at the first sign of trouble, I'm not opposed to folks airing their opinions, experiences, and even grievances. We all learn from that, and this forum and the products it focuses on are better for it. But so far, every encounter I've had with Tom or Cliff has been positive. So this is to say thanks to both of them, for trying to put out great products, for being accessible to their customers, and for being willing to take the heat here on the forum. There's too damned few businessmen like that these days. I can only speak for myself, but dammit, I appreciate it. Thanks.

raz said:
There's a lot of impatience, criticism, and gripes expressed here, and while I generally try not to be one to start throwing rocks at the first sign of trouble, I'm not opposed to folks airing their opinions, experiences, and even grievances. We all learn from that, and this forum and the products it focuses on are better for it. But so far, every encounter I've had with Tom or Cliff has been positive. So this is to say thanks to both of them, for trying to put out great products, for being accessible to their customers, and for being willing to take the heat here on the forum. There's too damned few businessmen like that these days. I can only speak for myself, but dammit, I appreciate it. Thanks.

+ infinity

I wish I could add something worthwhile, but that last paragraph needs no embroidery. Spot on.

Yes, indeed, I feel that there is something special going on here in terms of the interaction between the "CEO's" of these two ( one?) companies and the people that they service. There is a very open communication between them and their customers, a real concern about their products and how they are received, and a willingness to bend over backwards to work with customers. Maybe it's due the small size of these companies, maybe its due to the fact that they love music, and maybe its just due to who they are as people, but it sure would be a nice model to see at work in the rest of corporate America. Keep up the good work gentlemen, it's much appreciated ... thanks ...

I too am grateful for the service received from Tom & Cliff. Best products and service i have ever purchased- music or other.

Back
Top Bottom