In a perfect world would you go direct?

IEM's depend on what type of music your playing, venue, etc. A smaller band may get away without but large drum kit with cymbals blasting, adding ear plugs you lose the entire guitar tone. Going without your ears will ring.

I love in-ears. BUT you have to set them up right. I hated them when I ran mono and I hated no ambient mics.

We run the A&H mixwiz mon and a full rack of effects, stereo simulators, etc just for the in-ears and its sounds killer. I always have my guitar (more me) and vox (more me) in my ears all over the stage.

Yes there is a trade off. I would love to never have to use in ears and play like I do at home. But with the loud drums, etc... the in-ears are the next best thing.

If I ever did a small acoustic or low vol drum kit set I would probably not use them.

Basically they are used when needed and not because they sound better than open air. Just trying to protect my hearing.

I run mono with aviom iems. When you say set your iems right, what exactly do you mean? Sorry, don't know a whole lot about it. Thanks

hey, i play every weekend in my church and been using in-ears for like two years...i went direct for the first time and it went great... my presets needed a little less highs and maybe a little adjustment on the drive but besides that it was awsomw mwn, way beeter than using an amp....also the axe lets you hear your dynamics way better....just go for it

I run mono with aviom iems. When you say set your iems right, what exactly do you mean? Sorry, don't know a whole lot about it. Thanks

Just that Stereo is night and day. In mono everything is stacking up on eachother and there is no room or seperation. When you run guitars left/right and tracks left/right and most everything else in the center (also depends on how much drums are mic in the in ears) it makes a world of difference where you can hear everything clearly. Listen to a cd with headphones then set it to mono. Big difference.

Is there any latency between the sound one hears from the drums directly behind/beside you and the sound one hears from the drums mic'ed, routed through the board and sent to an IEM? In other words, do you hear your drummer twice with IEMs?

Is there any latency between the sound one hears from the drums directly behind/beside you and the sound one hears from the drums mic'ed, routed through the board and sent to an IEM? In other words, do you hear your drummer twice with IEMs?

No

Back
Top Bottom