Improve my "Djent" tone or advice

Faust_o_O

Have a listen guys, I found out that my tone isn't very clear and precise as in clarity wise. Any tips on how to improve this? I am using the PVH 6160 with the German Cab w/ 57.
NOTE: Excuse the shitty drum track I made in less than a minute, probably shouldn't have put it in there.

Try doubling the track, as in pan left pan right. And kill that drum track, then youll be able to tell. It sounds like you need to cut some treble out of it.

wow there is alot of poping noise going on here, lower the treble, give it some depth, more mids, check out the threat I made 2 days ago, I put my patch in it, it's a djent patch, I'd say try to build your tone around that

this one is already better, and recording it via USB won't have a difference

I would say remove the reverb in your chain (but that won't affect your tone)
boost around 350hz-1khz would help imo

Ahhh sorry, I meant to tell that I have always been recording with USB, even the first one. It's a detail I forgotten to put. But yeah, remove reverb and what do you mean by boost around 350Hz-1khz? as in the ADV section in the amp?

I have noticed something and I hope someone can clarify this for me: Everytime I listen to someone's patch, it sounds awesome as hell but when I downloaded the patch posted by them, I tried recording with it, it sounds small, lacking and of course, not what I heard from the start. Why?

Sounds like you've pinched a fair bit of "Frak the Gods" there by Periphery.

1. Kick drum and bass guitar must be doing what the guitar is doing. This is what gives it the chunkiness.
2. You've got a lot of practising to do, as all 3 instruments need to be seriously tight.
3. Mids, the djent kids love mids.
4. Pick as hard as you can, and compress/gate the signal as hard as you can.

Other than that, please spend some time actually composing a song, and not just chugging the same damn note. Here is a fine example of what you can do:

Appreciate the advice man, but remember, the key question here is how to improve tone, not composing and mixing because you see, I spent no time writing or mixing as I am so demoralized with the tone I have. And yes, the 2nd riff IS Frak The Gods.

Back
Top Bottom