Importing presets from FM3

eldanko

Forgive me if this has been covered already (although I did try to search) but can we no longer import presets made on FM3 into the Axe 3? I built a preset on my FM3 this week and when I tried to import it into the Axe at rehearsal yesterday I got an error message saying it wasn't compatible. I used to do this all the time, so I was surprised it didn't work. Both are running current firmware (20.03 on the Axe and 5.03 on the FM3). Thanks friends!

I don't know what that is! :grinning:

This was just a regular ol' .syx file - a single patch that I built in the FM3 and exported.

Forgive me if this has been covered already (although I did try to search) but can we no longer import presets made on FM3 into the Axe 3? I built a preset on my FM3 this week and when I tried to import it into the Axe at rehearsal yesterday I got an error message saying it wasn't compatible. I used to do this all the time, so I was surprised it didn't work. Both are running current firmware (20.03 on the Axe and 5.03 on the FM3). Thanks friends!
Should be possible but if firmware versions get far apart, you might run into issues. Post the preset?

Can you clarify what you mean by "far apart"? Both units are running the most recent official releases - that's what I should be doing, right?

Preset attached! Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Grander - A.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 4
Preset loaded just fine on my Mk 1 III running 20.04 Beta 1. What version of Axe Edit are your running? 1.12.05 is the latest.

Last edited:
A think that I really hope in the future, is to have both rack and floor product with the exact same technology and capabilities, to avoid these type of problems and not feeling limited while buying a floor version

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom