Importing effect blocks from Axe-Fx II?

aircadet

Inspired
HI
I just got my Axe8 & would like to import some of my effects from my AxeFx. Is there an easy way to do this. I tried copying my blocks into the Axe8 block page in Axe8 edit but it didn't seem to recognise them!
Thanks in advance for help
Paul

HI
I just got my Axe8 & would like to import some of my effects from my AxeFx. Is there an easy way to do this. I tried copying my blocks into the Axe8 block page in Axe8 edit but it didn't seem to recognise them!
Paul

Page 95 in the manual:

EXAMPLE: BLOCK TRANSFER FROM AN AXE-FX TO AN AX8

In this example we’ll transfer an Amp block from Axe-Edit to AX8-Edit by copying a block .syx file from the Axe-Edit Block Library to the AX8-Edit Block Library.

1. Run Axe-Edit. Find the block you wish to transfer.

2. Add that block to the Axe-Edit block library:

ƒ Select the block.

ƒ Click the “+” (plus) menu in the Blocks Library control in the lower left and select “Save”.

ƒ Give your block a meaningful name. “My Amp” is not good. “Amp Deluxe Mid Crunch” is great.

3. Repeat the above steps for any number of blocks you wish to transfer. TIP: Axe-Edit includes a feature which allows you to save ALL Blocks in the current preset to the library at once!

4. Locate the block on your computer using Finder or Explorer.

Shortcut: Click the Block Library “+” menu and choose “Show Folder”.

5. Select the file(s) for your block(s) and copy to your computer’s clipboard using the keyboard shortcut for COPY (Cmd/Ctrl + C)

6. Now open the AX8-Edit Block Library folder. If you don’t know where it is, use the same shortcut:

ƒ Launch AX8 Edit and select any block on the grid.

ƒ Click the “+” (plus) menu in the Blocks Library control in the lower left and choose “Show Folder”.

7. Paste your Axe-Edit blocks into th AX8-Edit Blocks library using the keyboard shortcut for PASTE (Cmd/Ctrl + V)

8. If it is already running, re-launch AX8-Edit so it can scan your new blocks.

9. To INSERT from the block library, choose any grid space (empty or populated) and choose Block : Library : Recall from the top menu.

The location of the library can be changed for each program under Settings : Preferences : Workspace. Once you know where the libraries are, you can simply use Finder or Explorer to copy/paste or drag and drop files from one to the other.

You can change the location of the Block Library folder on your computer for each of our editors (though you’ll need to move pre-existing blocks manually.) One possibility is setting the Block Workspace for multiple editors to the same folder, though after doing so you may see a warning in Axe-Edit if your version (pre 3.4.0) is too old to load blocks created by AX8-Edit.

Bonsoir @AlGrenadine,
I've been trying to convert a few presets I had made on my XL+ to the Axe-Fx III, which contained TM blocks (made with an acoustic I no longer own..).

Is there a way to do this now that I no longer have the XL+?

Merci a l'avance pour ton aide!
Joce

Hi,
Yes : right-click the tma block in FracTool 's grid export as cab.
Then replace your tma block in the axefx III by a cab or ir player block.
Import the cab to your preferred user slot then point the cab or ir player to this slot

Ah! Makes sense.. i was trying to slide the block directly into the grid and this was giving me an error..

Merci!
Joce

HI
Paul

Hi, my humble advice: select the presets the effect settings are in (or make one or a few where you toss them all in. They don’t even have to sound good, all you want is the settings available in the ax8. The use Al Grenadine’s fractool (and again thank you for that Al!) and use that to convert the preset to ax8 language( or whatever you call it) load the presets into your ax8 and start copying and pasting. That may not be the best way, but it is one way, and it’s my way haha.

Good luck!
Harm

Back
Top Bottom