Import backing track GarageBand?

Axe III , good cables, good guitare .... maybe my only hesitation is on my fingers, hands, talent....
And i hope my knowledge will keep on growing but do i need to invest on Logic .....

....For those who know , run GarageBand and Logic Pro , what are the main differences between the two softwares , in terms of recording quality and else ....
One is totally free and the other costs 223€ so there are certainly reasons ,
I d like to know if i décide once to buy Logic ......
I m not a Pro , i d like to do basic things but to have great quality recording from my Axe ....
Thanks .....

Since you only want to do basic things, get GarageBand. It's easy to use, but does a great job of recording. Later, if you want to move up to Logic in order to take advantage of advanced features like audio routing and comping, you can easily do so. You can even import your GarageBand projects into Logic.

Just a word: Garage band works, but I have recently learned that it has a fixed clock rate of 44k.
You should consider switching to Logic if you want to do professional recording. It's the same app in many ways.
In fact, at the moment, it is FREE.

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/
Free for a 90 day trial, then it’s $200. Still, this is the first time that Apple has offered a demo of LPX, which is pretty cool!

Yes, all audio in GarageBand is stored at 44.1, including audio recorded from an AxeFX. I doubt anybody using GarageBand is a stickler for avoiding the artifacts that come with on-the-fly SRC, so that shouldn't be any impediment to using GarageBand with an AxeFX.

I've not experienced any issues, as I own and use Logic X, but there are some that report issues. Specifically for the non-matching clock rates, not specific to Garageband. A recent user reported the tuner in his AxeFX3 was off by quite a bit, and it turned out to be the mismatch 44.1k to 48k. You may not run into anything that would cause you problems, but this mismatch has cropped up in a number of instances over time. Cheers, Lee

I've not experienced any issues, as I own and use Logic X, but there are some that report issues. Specifically for the non-matching clock rates, not specific to Garageband. A recent user reported the tuner in his AxeFX3 was off by quite a bit, and it turned out to be the mismatch 44.1k to 48k. You may not run into anything that would cause you problems, but this mismatch has cropped up in a number of instances over time. Cheers, Lee

That's caused by an error in the interface clocking, not the project sample rate. GarageBand handles 48 KHz input nicely. So does Logic, for that matter, when the project sample rate is 44.1.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I ve recently posted on recording with GarageBand , i ve made a few steps didn t found even after searching youtube how to import a backing track , play on a YouTube backing track without using ITunes on my mac ,
If anyone knows a way to do that , sure Many are familliar with Garageband.....
Thanks !!!!!
Take care.....
Fafa

One simple way to pull audio from any computer source - follow the basic reamping procedure:

1 - Open Audio/MIDI setup, configure your speakers to use the Axe's Outputs 7-8.
2 - Build a two-block scene: INPUT2 --> OUT 1. You may have to enter SETUP to configure INPUT2 to use USB channel 7+8 rather than the input jacks on the back of the unit. See page 19-21 of user manual.
3 - Set DAW input to the Axe's Output 1 block (as if you were recording a reference/processed guitar track, and you're ready to capture any system audio (out of YouTube, iTunes, etc).

@fafakiwi you dont need logic. Learn the program you already paid for when you bought your mac. The help feature in it is useful.
Thanks .... i will make my own experience with the trial period with Logic while keeping on progressing with GB .
Hope to read you soon in different threads , always good advises Budda
Thanks and take care ....

Back
Top Bottom