Import backing track GarageBand?

fafakiwi

Experienced
Hi everyone,
I ve recently posted on recording with GarageBand , i ve made a few steps didn t found even after searching youtube how to import a backing track , play on a YouTube backing track without using ITunes on my mac ,
If anyone knows a way to do that , sure Many are familliar with Garageband.....
Thanks !!!!!
Take care.....
Fafa

You can use some software to extract the mp3 from the youtube web address. I downloaded a program to do this, but last time I tried to use it it had stopped working. You can find websites that will do it online for you, but they tend to spam you with ads. Just google youtube to mp3. Once you've downloaded the mp3, just create an empty track in GarageBand and drag the file on to it. Happy jamming!

Import track - just drag the track from its folder to the tracking area.
Hi thanks to you ,
Can you tell me a bit more on the way to import a track via GB as the software only propose my iTunes library
Maybe sily question but i did not found .....

Hi thanks to you ,
Can you tell me a bit more on the way to import a track via GB as the software only propose my iTunes library
Maybe sily question but i did not found .....

I had a similar struggle recently, so I understand.

• Open finder and find the file you want to use for a backing track. Make sure finder is not set to full-page, as you need GB available as well.
  • select file you want to use
  • drag and drop the selected file from finder into GB, below your last track. As it enters GB, there should be a green + sign next to it.

Your file is now in GB. You can treat it the same as any other track in your session.

Just a word: Garage band works, but I have recently learned that it has a fixed clock rate of 44k.
You should consider switching to Logic if you want to do professional recording. It's the same app in many ways.
In fact, at the moment, it is FREE.

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/

So the Mac converts on the fly? Because I've never had problems connecting my Axe-Fx to GarageBand and recording.

I had a similar struggle recently, so I understand.

• Open finder and find the file you want to use for a backing track. Make sure finder is not set to full-page, as you need GB available as well.
  • select file you want to use
  • drag and drop the selected file from finder into GB, below your last track. As it enters GB, there should be a green + sign next to it.

Your file is now in GB. You can treat it the same as any other track in your session.
I see .... i ll try soon , so easy that i dis not think to try this ....
I appreciate exchanging with you , always a pleasure
Thanks ....

Just a word: Garage band works, but I have recently learned that it has a fixed clock rate of 44k.
You should consider switching to Logic if you want to do professional recording. It's the same app in many ways.
In fact, at the moment, it is FREE.

https://www.apple.com/logic-pro/
Thanks , i will try Logic
A little explanation of the results of a clock rate at 44k , and what it is ....
Always happy to learn
Thanks ...

The AxeFXIII has a clock rate at 48k, and you can get some odd things happening if the recording software can't match up. Logic Pro X can be set to 48k, as well as other speeds.

The AxeFXIII has a clock rate at 48k, and you can get some odd things happening if the recording software can't match up. Logic Pro X can be set to 48k, as well as other speeds.
Hi and thanks for your answer , as a french i do not see what you mean by ....odd things , the barriere of the langage sorry ,
can you explain please
rhe barriere of the langage.....

So the Mac converts on the fly? Because I've never had problems connecting my Axe-Fx to GarageBand and recording.

Yes, all audio in GarageBand is stored at 44.1, including audio recorded from an AxeFX. I doubt anybody using GarageBand is a stickler for avoiding the artifacts that come with on-the-fly SRC, so that shouldn't be any impediment to using GarageBand with an AxeFX.

4K downloader is an excellent really cheap app for downloading you tube vids. They also have a combo-with an app for extracting you tube audio. Only to mp3 though.

A nice solution to this problem and others that may come up in future is to download blackhole 16ch which is free. You can route any audio (including system audio) to blackhole and select blackhole as an input in any DAW.
Which means you can record streaming audio from the internet right into your daw.

....For those who know , run GarageBand and Logic Pro , what are the main differences between the two softwares , in terms of recording quality and else ....
One is totally free and the other costs 223€ so there are certainly reasons ,
I d like to know if i décide once to buy Logic ......
I m not a Pro , i d like to do basic things but to have great quality recording from my Axe ....
Thanks .....

....For those who know , run GarageBand and Logic Pro , what are the main differences between the two softwares , in terms of recording quality and else ....
One is totally free and the other costs 223€ so there are certainly reasons ,
I d like to know if i décide once to buy Logic ......
I m not a Pro , i d like to do basic things but to have great quality recording from my Axe ....
Thanks .....

Logic can do a lot more and is aimed at professionals. Recording quality will be decided by quality of gear and knowledge possessed by the user.

Back
Top Bottom