Wish Impedance Curve loudness equalization

TheTrueZoltan!

Inspired
One thing I would like to see is a loudness equalization of the different impedance curves. Some of them (like the Recto Large) are louder than most others, and that makes it much more difficult to compare the actual frequency response. For example, when I select the Recto Large curve, I always have the feeling that everything sounds totally hyped. But when I then adjust the overall volume in the amp block, I realize that the difference to other curves is much more subtle. So it would make it much easier to compare the curves directly if there were an impedance curve loudness equalization function.

The impedance curve in the Amp block isn't rally an EQ curve. It determines things like which frequencies distort first. Any Fletcher-Munson ("loudness") compensation would have to occur after the amp. To be accurate, it would also have to take into account the actual volume in the room.

The impedance curve in the Amp block isn't rally an EQ curve. It determines things like which frequencies distort first. Any Fletcher-Munson ("loudness") compensation would have to occur after the amp. To be accurate, it would also have to take into account the actual volume in the room.
Nevertheless, it would be nice to have at least an approximate volume matching of the different curves.

I know that the impedance curves aren't EQ curves. I was talking about equalization in the sense of approximately equalizing ("making equal") perceived volume.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom