FM9 I'm trying to build a great Brad Paisley preset that sounds good in the room. Preset link included!

Those amps are sounding good and I’m listening on my phone. Nice tone.

Been using the Lonestar and DC30 amps for my country tones but will give this a workout at an upcoming country gig at Nashville Okinawa.

Those amps are sounding good and I’m listening on my phone. Nice tone.

Been using the Lonestar and DC30 amps for my country tones but will give this a workout at an upcoming country gig at Nashville Okinawa.
Thanks!

Now I'm going to try those two amps; Someone on my own forum suggested the Comet amp, too.

This is part one of the journey. Not sure I'm there yet but I'm taking advice if y'all have any. The preset link is in the exchange and the link is in the video description.

Try this Brad uses a DR Z wreck
Basically it’s a DRZ but the tonestack has been changed to a train wreck Liverpool
So your really close with the recipe
The Cabs are Vox Celestion blue or Celestion Gold Based 112 open back

Try this Brad uses a DR Z wreck
Basically it’s a DRZ but the tonestack has been changed to a train wreck Liverpool
So your really close with the recipe
The Cabs are Vox Celestion blue or Celestion Gold Based 112 open back
Thanks! I'll try that tomorrow.

Here's the preset I mentioned in the thread over on TGP. I updated it a little bit and I think I like the Roamer 121 cab a little better than the Morgan AC-20 cab. 1-4 are the Morgan cab and 5-8 are the Roamer cab. I tried out your patch (I have that York AC-30 pack too) and it sounds great. You must have some pretty hot pickups in your Tele because I had to crank up the gain to get the presets to match the gain levels in your video. Of course this means you're going to have to turn down the gain in my presets. I also have a room reverb and my special cab block room settings on my presets so you may want to adjust those to your taste.

A couple tips. I noticed in your preset you didn't mess with anything in the speaker tab in the amp block. Your sound may benefit from changing the cabinet to AC-30 to match your IR's. Also, the cab resonance setting is fantastic for tightening up the low end which is always useful with AC-30's.

Attachments

• Mr. Paisley_20230323_193547.syx
    24.1 KB · Views: 26
I think that I'm going to try everyones suggestions and make a two-block FM9 preset with what I get. SO far, my favorite sound is the Maz 38 with the York IR's and I'm getting close with the Wrecker Liverpool for his crunchier sounds.

Back
Top Bottom