I'm sure this has been suggested before (Fractal Bot)

P

plexi59

Why doesn't it automatically suggest firmware updates? I.e. whe I fire it up, I have to find the *.syx file, etc. And before I even find the *.syx, I have to go to the site and see if there's an update available, then download and unpack.

Instead it could just check with the server and see if there's a new firmware, then download it automatically, verify with SHA256 to make sure there's no corruption, and offer to upgrade. That'd be a pretty sweet feature.

It checks for updates _for itself_ I believe. But not for your connected devices. In fact, it doesn't even automatically recognize what's connected, you have to select the device from the dropdown.

Only for FractalBot updates.

The problem I see with this is that many people bond with different FW. Kind of a 'roll your own' kind of thing. The Fractal philosophy has (IMO) never been 'you must do the latest and greatest'. Even offering a FW update might compromise some users (the Windows mentality of say 'Yes' to the dialog box'.)

If you feel strongly, post in Wish List, otherwise I like the existing paradigm.

R

It checks for updates _for itself_ I believe. But not for your connected devices. In fact, it doesn't even automatically recognize what's connected, you have to select the device from the dropdown.
what if you have 2 or 3 devices plugged in via USB? which would it select automatically?

besides, when i had 18.12 on my Axe, this showed up:

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 7.13.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-28 at 7.12.49 PM.png

Back
Top Bottom