I'm pretty sure if Guns N' Roses had Axe-FX in 1991...

Stephen

....it would sound sorta like this.

Though....with a much bigger budget than I have hahahaha :) Be patient, its my 6 minute wannabe epic, dammit..it takes time rofl :) Even if i'm the only person amused by it, I had a helluva lot of fun making this one.

Hope someone appreciates the tones, yay tone match! <3 Fractal!

lol! I wrote the song originally as an instrumental (all guitar/band) then Chad (the singer) wrote a vocal melody for it. I took his melody, rearranged and composed a new song behind it, and hey presto. All bass, all guitars are Axe-FX direct.

Ran it through Nectar and it did some weird things on the vocal FX ...nothing major and no real correction but definitely some odd things that I couldn't be bothered to go over. We did this in our down time, if you want no fx whatosever, wait on my CD with Robert Mason :)

WoW. I really can't believe that! The volcals ... Never thought you could get so close to the sound of GnR. I spend allot of time to get the sound of Slash’s guitar, but never was satisfied enough to post it. Could you please share the guitar preset or at least tell which original recording you used for tone matching. Would be great.

I really enjoyed that, pretty much everything about the track just works. The vocals are right on it though, very impressed.

So what are you using to get that slash tone? DO you have a preset?

I will post some presets, I am currently working on a couple of them - if you listen to the UYI tone throughout, there are tweaks as the record progresses from song to song. Pretty Tied Up is different to Civil War is different to Bad Apples etc...so, i'll post a bunch by the time i'm done with 'em.

I'm also working on an Izzy tone match and attempting Duffs UYI Bass tone too, so, i'll keep everyone posted. As I said, this is what I grew up listening to, so, when i'm not working on the new stuff i'm doing with Robert Mason and Scot Coogan which is taking a while, this is what I do to try and get more accustomed to the axe fx and recording etc lol.

Just in case anyone thinks the "Axl Thing" is all effects (see AutoTune comment earlier hehe) Here is a demo we're screwing around with right now. This is COMPLETELY raw, COMPLETELY unmixed, COMPLETELY clean (except some verb on the vocals) SCRATCH vocal tracks (writing tracks, NOT takes) all guitars and bass through Axe-FX.

When its done, i'll show you the finished version :)

I will only believe when I see a video of the guy singing

He sings in a GNR Tribute that plays full time, so, searching him down isnt too hard :) but he's pretty damn good huh? scary thing is the way he write is like Axl, he's not just some soundalike. Dude knows who he learned from and he absolutely arranges his parts the way way when he wants to, pretty awesome shit.

OK this Axel-Clone-Guy is scary. But man RESPECT for such a performance.

I will post some presets, I am currently working on a couple of them - if you listen to the UYI tone throughout, there are tweaks as the record progresses from song to song. Pretty Tied Up is different to Civil War is different to Bad Apples etc...so, i'll post a bunch by the time i'm done with 'em.

I'm also working on an Izzy tone match and attempting Duffs UYI Bass tone too, so, i'll keep everyone posted. As I said, this is what I grew up listening to, so, when i'm not working on the new stuff i'm doing with Robert Mason and Scot Coogan which is taking a while, this is what I do to try and get more accustomed to the axe fx and recording etc lol.

Stephen you’re right. I think the little sound differences between each song were my problem while I was trying to get the UYI-Sound. In my head it was one great sound of all songs but in fact you have to see them as separate to get where you want to. I’m really looking forward to hear your presets for the UYI-Songs.

At the moment I’m trying to create the basic AFD and UYI-Sound without any tone matching (I thing with the new V11 it’s possible to create that). I spent allot of time for that and last night I’ve found out some important tweaks. But I also think something secret in the UYI-Sound is still missing. I’ll keep on searching …

Back
Top Bottom