I'm missing something easy but I can't figure it out...

guitarjim

Experienced
OK, I know I'm missing something easy on this, but I can't figure it out.

I have a pitch block in one of my chains and the mix is controlled by a pedal (0 to 100 mix). As I press the pedal and the pitch block engages, I lose a few db of volume. I can't simply increase the level because it affects the volume even if the pedal is all the way up.

I know there's an easy way to solve this, but I haven't figured out something reliable.

post the preset. If the mix is 0% it shouldn't affect the dry in any way.
He's saying the signal gets too quiet as mix is increased with a pedal. The "problem" is the pitch block's mix law and/or voice level not being able to exceed 100%. A level modifier like mr_fender described plus a slight increase of the mix modifier's "mid" value (optional, to make perceived dry & pitched levels more equal at 50% pedal travel) usually works well enough.

I am not an FM9 user (yet), but an AX8 user.

I might be wrong here but here goes.

Could you not put your pitch block on a parallel signal path to your amp/cabs etc and then from the output block adjust the volume (of just that erm..line (it will have a proper name, lol)so that it matches the desired level of your sound level output? I am a big fan of the pitch block and generally run it parallel into an FX loop block so that I can run to two monitors and actually hear two harmony voices with a bit more definition. People also seem to recommend (in parallel) running the mix up at 100% and doing the real mix adjustment from the level control.

Could you not put your pitch block on a parallel signal path to your amp/cabs etc and then from the output block adjust the volume
If the goal is fading between dry & pitch, two modifiers would still be needed (for dry & pitch level), but they'd be in separate blocks unless you add a mixer block. That can work fine but it would be slightly more CPU% and hassle to adjust modifiers with no real benefits IMO.

Back
Top Bottom