I'm looking to simulate this Andy Timmons tone

Maybe USA Rhythm with the appropriate cab, dial in the input trim to taste then slather it in reverb and add a dash of delay.

Thanks Guys!
That was the first tie I used axechange....... I think I'm gonna be busy for a while trying out all these cool presets :)

Love Timmons. Catch him live with Simon Phillips' Protocol II band, also featuring Steve Weingart and Ernest Tibbs, in Jan. 2014.

Update: Here is a taste (err, earful?) of what Protocol II sounds like: The Music : Simon Phillips & Protocol II

My cup of tea! ;)

UPDATE: Simon Phillips' Protocol II album is out and available on iTunes for under 8 bucks! Timmons is killer throughout.

Isn there a patch called elegant gypsy on the fractal patches which is Andy timmons set up ie bb into a lone star

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Andy used Laney amps at the time his recording of Cry For You was done. You can get the tones you need with some careful tweaking of the Lonestar amp though. I've been slowly working at the song for a few months and also slowly tweaking my preset over time. Honestly all you need for the clean tone is just an overly bright EQ.

Although if you do some googling you'll find the CD version was actually recorded through a Zoom multi-effects modeling pedal (which is why the guitar tone is so awful). He also did it as a scratch take and it turned out so phenomenal that they went for it.

Back
Top Bottom