I'm in the Red

BaronVonGrim

Power User
I'll try to explain..lol
I went into the manual so that I could try to ask a intelligent but ya know...lol.
I am not sure what this meter is called.
In layout...the 4 meters labeled 1L,1R,2L,2R... I guess these are I/O meters. If your in the red, your clipping.
So my question is... I previously went into Input setting levels, dialed that so I am not in the red, or just slightly. I downloaded a preset in axe exchange and these meters in the layout are completely in the red. I went to each block and turned them off one by one to try to trace it down... I am pretty sure it's in the input block.

Anyways I can figure out why it's in the red or how/what to tweak to reduce it. All other presets are fine... so I would say my input settings are good.
Thanks

Just reduce the output level of the amp block until the red is just barely coming on...

The meters in the Layout / Zoom page are output meters.

I previously went into Input setting levels, dialed that so I am not in the red, or just slightly.
You're talking about the Instrument Level global setting. This would not affect output clipping as far as I know.

Anyways I can figure out why it's in the red or how/what to tweak to reduce it.
Go into the layout view.

Press the right "page" button.

You will see meters on every block.

That should help you find the culprit.

Also, does this preset have parallel effects? That can quickly add up if not setup correctly.

Maybe post the preset.

You're talking about the Instrument Level global setting. This would not affect output clipping as far as I know.

Go into the layout view.

Press the right "page" button.

You will see meters on every block.

That should help you find the culprit.

Also, does this preset have parallel effects? That can quickly add up if not setup correctly.

Maybe post the preset.

That was helpful... I was able to see the block meters and which one it was

Yes, it has parallel effects.
The meters are increasing at that point. Yes I did see that, but am not sure what that means.
They aren't bad..maybe at 75% when the blocks before that are around 50%.

Parallel effect should only pass 100% wet signal. Which means no dry signal. So if you place a Delay or Reverb or Pitch etc. in a parallel row, make sure the Mix is set at 100%.

Back
Top Bottom