I'm Going to Stop Doing This (and maybe you will too)...

3Dhuman

Inspired
I know I've done this in the past, but it just occurred to me how silly it is. I try not to swear too much, both in speech and print... but, every now and then a good swear word will capture how I'm feeling about something like no other. Thankfully, this forum isn't littered with constant profanity... which usually makes the reading of other online storehouses of strangers words quite tiresome (youtube, for example).

However... when the desire arrives to use a bad word, why do this... sh*t? When I type that out, I'm not saying to myself, "s... h... asterisk... t,"... I'm saying, "shit." When you read, sh*t... you're not saying to yourself, s... h... asterisk... t... you're saying, shit. Whether we say the word out loud or to ourselves in our minds, makes absolutely no difference. We are both saying the same poorly disguised word. The only difference between saying the word out loud, or, silently to ourselves, is whether anybody around you can hear it as well. This difference vanishes in an online, written environment.

Writing swear words with these f#*king silly symbols does not censor the word, as both writer and reader have already said the word in an instant, making the censorship ineffective.

So... if you feel the need to swear, then just type out the fucking word already (which is what I will be doing from now on... for fuck's sake)...

laughing.gif

Interpret this one... $#!%#'* <&> @$$@ ... it's my way of saying, "where's the love?"... :D

Slang words always make me laugh, The "F" word and all the others that people get all defensive when there said is pretty funny when you really stop and think about it. For instance when someone try's to censer them selves by saying "Crap" they really ment shit which by definition is the same thing the only difference is the inflection of how the word is being said and or the context. For instance, when someone says "that's shit" or "that's crap" which is really worse given the actual meaning of both words? Nether... but for some reason it's more polite to use the latter
dunno.gif

When someone uses the "F" word did they really mean to use that word in the context that it was originally ment to be used? Here is the WiKi definition which is much different then most people I have heard say where the word actually came from. In the end slang or swear words are intensive words that have been expanded upon from their original meaning and when people get all upset when there used is worse than the word it's self.

If you feel the need to censer your self from using these types of words then it's good for you and it keeps yours and others emotions at bay. Personally I think it's sounds more mature when you don't have to use such words to get across that which you are trying to convey
ez.gif

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you cansitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

One benefit of self-redacting is that it reduces the likelihood of the site showing up on an employer's blacklist for profanity. It's also less likely to catch your coworker's eye.

Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at Cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteres are at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a tatol mses and you cansitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae we do not raed ervey lteter by itslef but the wrod as a wlohe.

This looks like a typical guitar forum post.

Back
Top Bottom