I'm going to ask this for the last time.....

ssmorga78

Experienced
Am I the only one that is having issues loading Blocks from other models(XL, XL+, FX8, AX8) into a Mark 1 or Mark 2 device? I have been able to freely do this in the past, but now all I seem to get it Block Library Errors. I have asked about this multiple times, both in this section of the Forum and the Bugs section, and have yet to receive a comment about it. I know others have had issues with this, but I would just like to know if something changed that does not allow Blocks to be shared between all versions now? I just need to ease my mind.....just so I can let it rest.

Thanks!!

Just a suggestion to try to get you more help quicker...

It might be helpful for you to list your Axe-FX firmware version, which device you are using (Mark 1 or 2), which version of Axe-Edit you are using, and also attach or link to a block file that exemplifies this problem.

i don't know the answer to this question, and those who might i think aren't checking the forum as often during this holiday season. i have seen you ask this at least 1 other time too :)

i have a mark i but haven't had any time to try this.

I have a Mk 2, and some blocks have worked and others not. I haven't tried to load any up for several update revisions, but the ones that didn't work were XL blocks. I will not discount the possibility of user error on my end though...

I actually had this issue by just rolling back firmware before. I block I created in newer firmware was not compatible with the older firmware. I'd get an error about it when opening AE. I don't remember what the block was, but I think it had been updated in the newer firmware.

I am brand new here so take what I say with a grain of salt but I read the exact same thing yesterday. XL stuff isn't supposed to work on a mk I. I took note if that since I have one :)

I have an Axe FX II Mark 1 and I am using the most current Axe Edit software and am on Q1.06 in my Axe. This has worked in the past, transferring blocks from and XL(+) to a II. Now, I know everything you read on the internet is not always true, but this is what I am referencing in the Wiki:
Presets cannot be shared between Axe-Fx II, FX8 and AX8
  • Presets cannot be shared between the devices.
  • However, individual effect blocks can be shared easily, using the software editors.
http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2/index.php?title=Preset_management

Now, if the Wiki is wrong.... then I am ok with that. This is just what I am basing my question off of and previous experiences as well. I have a friend with an XL and we used to share blocks quiet regularly. Since FW 21.0 & Quantum, however, none of his blocks have worked on my Mark 1. I am just curious to know if this is actually a bug or if the programming was changed.

As I stated in the first post.... this is more to set my mind at ease so I can find out what happened and if it can be fixed or if this is the way its going to work moving forward. Either way is fine with me.... I just need piece of mind personally.

Are you both using the same firmware version? I was always under the impression that presets and blocks are backwards compatible but not forwards, meaning a preset or block created with the same or older firmware will work fine, but one created with a newer firmware than your current one will not.

Are you both using the same firmware version? I was always under the impression that presets and blocks are backwards compatible but not forwards, meaning a preset or block created with the same or older firmware will work fine, but one created with a newer firmware than your current one will not.

If anything, I am always an update ahead of my friend. I usually update the day a new update comes out. My friend may wait a week or two because of his gig schedule.

Could be a problem if its a block that has x/y in the xl+ but not on the mk1/2? Might make it incompatible? Just a thought.

Hmm. Axe Edit version maybe?

??? I have no idea ??? I know he is up to date on that as well as I am. I have tried using blocks from other members on the Forum with the same experience. I DO know that I can use Simeon's blocks as he is on a Mark 1/2 which is the same that I use. I have no idea what happened with being able to use the XL(+) blocks on my unit though....

Could be a problem if its a block that has x/y in the xl+ but not on the mk1/2? Might make it incompatible? Just a thought.

Yes, I could see that being an issue...... but I am trying to use Delay, Drive, & Reverb blocks. There are no differences between those blocks that I am aware of...

I though I remember something about the different instances of blocks being kept separate as well, like a drive 1 block won't load in a drive 2 block and vice versa. Can't remember for sure though.

I though I remember something about the different instances of blocks being kept separate as well, like a drive 1 block won't load in a drive 2 block and vice versa. Can't remember for sure though.

That would be cool, but when I paste that block into my block folder and then open Axe Edit, I get the Block Library Error Message and that block doesn't even show up in the menu to choose from. I don't think there would be any way to keep them separate, because when you save a block using Editor it doesn't save it to a Drive Block 1, Drive Block 2 folder....just saves it to a Drive Block folder. I am not an expert on programming, so I could be completely wrong here.....just stating what I see going on.

I can also use all of Fremen's Drive blocks that he posted a while back as well. I am not sure whether Fremen is using XL(+) or a Mark 1/2 though..... does anyone know? I know his Drive blocks were done after the Drives were G3'd.....so I think they are all made with FW 18(I believe). Again, this issue just seems to be something recent since FW 21.0/Quantum came about.

Back
Top Bottom