I'm confused - Export/Import/Snapshots etc.?

joegold

Fractal Fanatic
OK.
I so confused right now I can't even explain what's going on.
Here's what I'd like to do.
I just need someone to explain to me how I'm supposed to be able to do it because all the intuitive things that seem to be suggested by Axe-Edit 3.0.1's menus (including Export Preset and Save Snapshot) don't seem to be able to do it.

I'm on a Mac running OS 10.8.5.
I've got the latest USB drivers loaded.
My Axe II is running 11.03.

1. I'd like to take a Preset that I'm editing in Axe-Edit and save it to disk *without also saving it to the Axe*.

2. I'd like to load a Preset file from disk into whatever Preset location I'm working with in Axe Edit hopefully w/o also saving that newly loaded preset to the Axe.
But I'd settle for just being able to get it into Axe Edit even if that automatically saves it to the Axe too.
Import Preset doesn't seem to be able to do this.
I.e. I import a Preset that I thought I saved but when I look at Axe Edit and/or the Axe the new Preset does not appear to have replaced the one that was there prior to the Import Preset operation.

How is this *supposed* to be done?

I'm trying to do this because neither the Axe II nor the new Axe Edit have a Compare feature and I need to be able to go back and forth between various versions of a Preset to compare them prior to committing them to the Axe's memory.
If there is some other way you folks are currently doing this, please hip me to it.

I've also been trying to use Fractal Bot and even Sysex Utility to shuttle preset files back and forth to the Axe and I'm still confused.
This should be really simple and probably is.
I must be screwing something really basic up.

Thanks for anything.

OK. Forget about it for now.
I'm using Global Amps and I always forget how un-intuitively this feature interfaces with the Save/Load from disk features of the Fractal hardware/software world.

I would delete this thread but I may be too late and the forum system doesn't seem to want to let me do that.

I'll figure this out one way or another.
I hope.

Back
Top Bottom