i'm being shut out from my favorite website!

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
since yesterday i have been unable to access the fas website/forum through my wireless router on all my devices suddenly...
i have flushed my dns, reset my router, turned off and on my modem and router but nothing works
pinging the website shows either 100% loss or timeouts.
i can only gain access using my 3g/4g on my mobile devices or direct cable connection of my laptop to my modem.
same thing trying through tapatalk.
any help appreciated!

Well there is an issue with too many redirects I've noticed. FWIW, the fractal forum does not respond to ping so thats not really going to tell you anything. I typically have to go to a link to a forum or post, and not directly to the front page unless I clear all my cache and history. http://forum.fractalaudio.com/forum.php , see if you can go to that link directly.

Something like this happened to me yesterday morning. The fractalaudio.com domain was completely unreachable from my computer for about an hour, but then everything was fine again. I have no explanation, but misery loves company, right?

tracert might be your tool to use to see where it's falling over

try opening a cmd window and type

tracert forum.fractalaudio.com

hit enter and the traceroute should show the dns path with your router as the first device

Are you using a mac and getting a "too many redirects" message in the browser ?

I had exactly that a couple weeks ago

Managed to get in via a direct link to the AxeII or Lounge board etc in the History, but every time I clicked the Logo top left to get back to the homepage, it would lock out again

It did sort itself out after a while though

thanks for chipping in guys.
i have cleared my cache, history and even reset the network on my mobile devices, no dice.
tried accessing using my wife's office laptop hooked to my router also didn't work.
hence i am concluding that the problem is with my router, although resetting it to factory default didn't help either...
will try the tracert next chance i get.
for now, my router doesn't allow me access to fractalaudio.com, the forum, and the wiki. facebook is fine though.

then again, this may be someone's way of telling me i should spend less time here...
especially given the high levels of animosity in some ultrares-related threads of late ;)

It was unavailable for me too for a while. It resolved itself. Maybe corrupt dns entry floating around the net? Who knows....

I use google servers for DNS also, like EJ James.
For Google DNS (1[SUP]st[/SUP] IP) 8.8.8.8 (2[SUP]nd[/SUP]) 8.8.4.4
For your home network just enter it into your home router. Most routers will let allow this (change DNS servers) this way any computer picking up an IP address will get the DNS servers you choose to use.
After you complete this (if you choose of coarse) and you are one to leave your machines on all day release and renew the IP address on that computer.
Simply go to the command prompt type in
“Ipconfig/release” hit enter you will see the message it released then type in “ipconfig/renew” it will take a few seconds but it will renew
Then to check type ipconfig/all you should see your new DNS srvers there.
Also may not be a bad idea to flush the DNS cashe. Go to the command prompt (run as admin of )and type in
Ipconfig/flushdns hit enter you will get a message it finished, you may want to even try this first, before anything else.

John

I've been having this on Mac with Safari. Using Chrome works fine.

It's because there is a "redirect loop", where there is a redirect back to itself. Safari doesn't like that.

The only thing I can think of from the original post is that his IP has been added to a spam list or a block list. A mod should take a look at it for you, I would give them the public IP of your router and have them check the ban and spam database for that IP. It's possible that a spammer or bot spoofed your ip range and you got added. This explains why when you use any other device on a different connection it works fine, because you are coming from a different source ip. Resetting the router isn't going to help you any, the router isn't blocking it. It's simple internet traffic out to a public IP on port 443.

thanks again guys, am trying to wrap my head around this google public dns thingy..
it had occurred to me that maybe my ip got blocked, but how come i can access if i am directly connected to my modem with a cat5 cable?
sorry if this is a stupid question..

Back
Top Bottom