I'm about to rant, don't read if wasily offended.

So does anyone ever wonder why different bottled waters taste different? Is Pepsi really that different from Coke or RC Cola or the generic cola brand? And why do people who go bicycling always hog the car lanes as opposed to going to the sidewalk where It's safer and not prone to getting hit by a 2+ ton rectangular case of aluminum with wheels going 60+ kilometers?

The moving/meditation exercise set known as "18 Hands" forms the core of Bodhidharma's Ch'an method of awakening. Hui-Neng, the sixth Ch'an patriarch, de-emphasized the importance of structured moving meditation as he developed his "chop wood, carry water" concept. By the time Ch'an reached Japan and became what we now call Zen the 18 Hands meditation was completely gone and quiet sitting was over-emphasized.

The moving/meditation exercise set known as "18 Hands" forms the core of Bodhidharma's Ch'an method of awakening. Hui-Neng, the sixth Ch'an patriarch, de-emphasized the importance of structured moving meditation as he developed his "chop wood, carry water" concept. By the time Ch'an reached Japan and became what we now call Zen the 18 Hands meditation was completely gone and quiet sitting was over-emphasized.

An old-school vs new-school argument within Zen Buddhism.

Win.

An old-school vs new-school argument within Zen Buddhism. Win.

I'm about to chant, don't mead if weasily upended.
*measily

So John Petrucci has today had a SECOND Awakening whilst us mugs in non US countries have to wait MONTHS for ours.

Why did I buy into Ch'an and pay up front for the lessons? Because of Tamo's YouTube videos. Not Petrucci's. Did Tamo get a second awakening? Probably not.
How can the Tao justify sending a second awakening to him when we've all been waiting a ridiculous amount of time for our 1st? I was told that I would have to wait 8-12 years when I first ordered mine on 10th Moon with ZenInc.

7 years later, I'm STILL waiting....

Hui-Neng, you take the piss and insult every bikkhu that wishes to give you their industry.

I will not be buying the beads or cushions or whatever comes next. I've got the 18 Hands, Marrow Washing and a Muscle Change Classic. You've had all the lifetimes you'll ever get out of me. Fucking waking up stinks. I'd rather ruin my health with 10 Animals Neo-Taoist Qi-Gong than give you another thought.

I feel quieter inside now

mmmm, well they are available at regular price in the us on Fractal's site, so I'm sure anyone with the extra $$ could own a second one. There are some available in the for sale section here and a few on ebay if you really can't stand to wait. I was impatiently waiting for a few months but it was well worth it. I really liked the Ultra I had but I love the II.
realize that everything passes, even feelings ......

JP can play at least 4 more notes to my note on a guitar and his are musical... therefore, I shall not be offended until he has 4 AXIIs...

Random fact: A snake lizard has a tail that separates at about 1/3 the lenght from the body. It stays behind to distract the atacking animal (or kid), the stub re-grows in a few weeks.

Random fact: The moon is gravitationally locked to the earth and the earth's rotation is being slowed as a result.

Speaking of drop-bears - there was actually a drop-bear incident in Lane Cove National Park (a large national park within the Sydney region). Two German tourists were injured (not seriously, thankfully). Drop bears haven't been seen in Sydney for quite some time, so it appears that the numbers are recovering (they nearly became extinct back in the 1970s). That's good news for the species and for the environment, although not quite so good for the tourists.

Drop Bear - Australian Museum

in the spirit of randomness...
i submit...

a=1 b=2 c=3 d=4 e=5 f=6 g=7 h=8 i=9 j=10 k=11 l=13 m=14 n=15 o=16 p=17 q=18 r=19 s=20 t=21 u=22 v=23 w=24 x=25 y=26 z=27

4 19 9 15 11 - 14 16 19 5 - 16 23 1 13 21 9 15 5

Back
Top Bottom