I'm about to go Axe FX again, this time with an M-Box 2

I miss having the Axe around, so I'm about to order another one in the coming days, but this time I have an M-box 2 setup instead of Apogee Duet/Logic.

What input on the M-box do you guys go into from the Axe FX for direct recording? DI or TRS Line?

i have an original mbox and if i have my axe hooked to the mbox with xlr's, and it's powered down, and then try to play through my power amp at the same time, the axe sounds horrible.

just an fyi, so i unplug the xlr's going to the mbox when i'm not using it.

Cool, thanks for the tip. No power amps will be involved, it's going to be straight up direct recording for me. I just can't get a quality high gain tone at speaking volume with my amps, and even with cream of the crop distortion pedals.

One other thing I'm considering is going through my Universal Audio 610 solo preamp before it hits the M-box, so I can avoid the not-so-great pre's in the M-box. I guess we'll see soon enough which option works out for the best.

I think the Mbox 2 has a spdif input, I would use that on that box, the converters are not the best, so it may sound better that way

Back
Top Bottom